Options data on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options data on charts

I am using multi broker license with TD Ameritrade .I am able to see the option chain data but not able to see the chart with option symbol.
    ex-AAPL200724C390 option from July 24 expire and want to see symbol on chart.How to that.

Hello,

Thanks for your post. You'll want to link the Options Chain to the chart window with the same color Instrument Link to load up options instruments in a chart using Window Linking, located at the top right of each window. More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did that and showing symbol in chart but I can see only day time frame and one candle stick data.Is there any setup or data import or options data provider needs to change to see 5 mins data on chart.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Upon further testing of this on my end, I am seeing the same and suspect the API used to connect to TDAmeritrade may not provide the Historical Data needed to populate a chart for options data, and that only real time data is supplied.

To be thorough, I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us look further into this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2663699 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi
          I have configured the interactive with live data subscriptions but Options data is not displaying on chart.Only Daily chart with candle ..Please see the screenshot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I suspect the API used to connect to TWS also may not provide the Historical Data needed to populate a chart for options data, and that only real time data is supplied. I would recommend Kinetick as a subscription that does supply historical data of options. Though the information can be pretty sparse for any meaningful analysis on any given option of futures contract:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
              Hello,

I suspect the API used to connect to TWS also may not provide the Historical Data needed to populate a chart for options data, and that only real time data is supplied. I would recommend Kinetick as a subscription that does supply historical data of options. Though the information can be pretty sparse for any meaningful analysis on any given option of futures contract:

Hi
              is there any way to get free options Historical Data?
              Paying 60$ for data feed its allot for me

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The NinjaTrader platform itself is not a data provider. You'd need to reach out to a supported data provider for options to see if this is possible. Having said that, I am not currently aware of any providers sending this data at this time for free.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes