Multiple Connections - Concurrent Data Source for Foreign Future Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Connections - Concurrent Data Source for Foreign Future Markets

I'd like to connect multiple futures data sources from different countries.
    As an example, I'm trying to connect to Brazilian Futures with Modal Broker and also Ninjatrader Continuum.

Concurrent data from other markets like Equities, Forex and Crypto seems to work flawlessly.
    But I cannot manage to receive Modal data while connect to Ninjatrader Continuum. I think both are recognized as Future markets and Ninjatrader seems to not able to grab both sources at once.
    Is there a way to merge both data sources or separate tickers to let Ninjatrader understand they're different markets?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Hello danalec,

Thank you for your note.

By default there is no way in Ninjatrader to establish symbol specific connections for existing symbols in the database. You can set market type preferred connection for futures, forex, stocks etc. but not on a symbol basis.

By default NinjaTrader will check the first connection you're connected to for data, if no data is found for that instrument, it will check the next data provider you're connected to.

If you're wanting to view futures data from the ES for example using Ninjatrader Continuum and also be able to load another data feed for the ES on Modal, you'll want to setup a second instrument with a unique master name for this that is mapped to Modal only.

Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the comment.

Just writing to let you know the instruments are listed properly and they work when connecting exclusively from their respective server.

Modal uses Cedro Tecnologies as data market provider and I'd still want to connect to them while connected to Ninjatrader Continuum or Kinetick/Rithmic.

But according to your message, there is no way to connect in multiple servers (with same market, eg. futures) at once. Nor different data market providers concurrently.
      Therefore, there is no way to load, by example: ES and IND concurrently.

That makes Ninjatrader multibroker pretty useless for foreign markets.

Is there a way to request this feature or hire a programmer to solve it?

I'm pretty sure with the Singaporean markets deal with nasdaq it will expand more interested multiple connection users. Is there a roadmap for this?

Comment

Hello Danalec,

Thank you for your patience.

I've removed my last reply and yours as it is not accurate.

It is not possible to pull data for the same markets from two providers at once no matter how the data is mapped. In order to do this you would need to connect to a data provider that provides data for both markets.

It would not be possible to fix this with custom code or script as this logic is a core feature of how the platform functions and would need to be addressed by our development team.

If you would like i'd be happy to submit a feature request for this on your behalf. Please let me know if you'd like me to do so.

Thank you I'll await your reply.

Comment

Please do so, I'd like to request this as a features request. It would be very nice to have it integrated natively, thank you.

Comment

Hello Danalec,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hi Heath,
              Please add my vote.
              In my other platform, I can freely choose data providers even for the same instrument at the same time.
              Ninja should at least be able to handle different data providers for the same type of instrument (e.g. Futures), but different instruments in parallel.
              NT-Roland

Comment

Hello NT-Roland,

Thank you for your reply. I've noted this request to have your vote added once tracking is created.

Comment

Heath,

Please, add my vote.

Tks

Comment

Hello RafaMoreira,

Thank you for your reply. I've noted this request to have your vote added once tracking is created.

Comment

+1 on this feature

Comment

Hello Lucien.d,

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience.

Your votes have been added to this item.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1074. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Heath,

Please, add my vote.

Tks.

Comment

+1 vote, also need this feature

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM