Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ChartTrader Not Displaying Pending Orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartTrader Not Displaying Pending Orders?

From within an AddOn, several orders are submitted simultaneously to the same instrument on the same account, creating a grid of pending orders. The orders are visible as Working orders within the Orders Control Center tab, and they are filled as expected.

However, they do not appear in ChartTrader as displayed pending orders. In NT7, these pending orders are shown on the chart and can be modified directly there.

Is there any "special" setting/option one should set in NT8 to see such orders, or is this a bug?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Further testing has revealed that if the Order does not have a Name set, it will not appear on the chart in ChartTrader. Setting the Order.Name makes it appear. This seems like a bug. Is there any valid reason for this behaviour?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by jeronymite; 07-23-2020, 12:37 AM. Reason: Additional information from further testing
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for your note.

Is this an Add On that you have programmed yourself? Are you currently running the latest build of NinjaTrader 8.0.22.2?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Running NinjaTrader 8.0.22.1 (64-bit). It's my own AddOn.

I also notice that there is other unusual behaviour when the Order has an empty Name (or ""), including SQL-related errors in the trace file. It seems the Name is used as a Key within the NT db and SQL errors occur if it is not set to a non-empty value. If ensuring there is a non-empty value is indeed required, may I request that be documented in the online documentation, please? I also read in a Forum post that the Name cannot exceed 50 characters in length else it also generates (different) SQL errors. That too should be part of the documentation around this. Your further advice welcome.

Thanks for your assistance.
      jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

We do document that the order name should be less than 50 characters.

I've tested to reproduce behavior where an empty order name is not displaying in Chart Trader and I have not seen these symptoms. I've attached an indicator that uses AddOn Framework code to submit orders and show my test. If you are able to modify it to show how the behavior is encountered, could you attach a modified version so we can look into it on our end?

We look forward to assisting.
        Attached Files
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate you taking the time to investigate.

My apologies -- I should have seen that the documentation had the 50 character limit documented. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'll take a look at your example and see if I can provide anything further to help you identify what might be happening in what I see at times.

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn