Commission templates not updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commission templates not updated

After attempting to update the commission templates as per this help page (https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...operations.htm), the MES instrument still has an associated commission of $0.41, for the Lifetime license, even though this document (https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ct_details.pdf) shows a totally different commission of $0.46. My broker statement also shows a $0.46 commission for MES (Lifetime license).

The platform version I am currently using is 8.0.21.1 64-bit.

Shouldn't the commission templates also be updated on your servers at the same time the new commissions are actually applied?
    Thanks in advance!

Hello MarianApalaghiei,

Thank you for your note.

I see you are running an older version of NinjaTrader 8, could you please try upgrading to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the same?

You can update at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

The same happens with the latest version, 8.0.22.2 64-bit.

Comment

The built-in templates are likely being 'reset' to whatever is on our servers.

Please clarify - did you modify one of the existing default templates or create a new template? If you are editing the existing templates I would highly recommend that you copy the template, edit it as desired, then use that template.

Comment

I have NOT created nor modified any of the templates.

I simply installed the latest platform and when I took a look at the built-in commission templates within the platform, I saw that MES had a $0.41 commission for a Lifetime license. So I tried to update the commission templates, knowing that it should be $0.46. The commission remained the same, $0.41.

Comment

I believe your use of the word 'update' and my use of the word 'modify' are meaning the same thing. In other words, you edited the built-in commission template that you saw.

I would recommend that you copy the template, edit it as desired, then use that edited copy commissions template.

To apply commissions, please take the steps below.
            1. Navigate to the Accounts tab of the Control Center
            2. Right click on the Account you would like to apply the commissions to, and select 'Edit Account'
            3. In the 'Commission' drop-down menu, select the commission template.
            4. Click OK
            Unfortunately, the prior orders you've executed will not be applied with commissions, however, the new orders you execute will have the commissions applied.

Additionally, please see the following publicly available NinjaTrader 8 help guide link on Working With Commission Templates:

Comment

Again, I do NOT modify the built-in commission templates at all and I do not create any custom templates. I am simply pressing the Update button in Tools->Database Management->Section 'Update commission templates'. Shouldn't this operation bring me the latest commission values directly into the built-in templates?

I want the latest commissions (from your servers) to go into the built-in commission template. I do not want to create any custom template made by myself and manage it, when the latest commission values should be brought from the servers.

Based on what I see happening, it is my understanding that the commission values have not been updated on the servers.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Using the Tools > Database Management > Update commission templates tool is pulling in the most recent data from our servers. It seems like these values aren't matching what you desire, so I'd advise that you follow my previous recommendations of creating your own template then using your custom template.

Comment

Yes, it's obvious this is the only workaround, hopefully for the moment, since the servers should always contain the latest values (specified in https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ct_details.pdf). I find it unacceptable to be the one having to manually manage every single commission value. This makes me lose any trust in the Update feature. I will basically never be sure that I actually have the latest data, and will have to manually search the website for data which should be updated automatically. Otherwise the Update feature is pretty much useless, in this case.

Thank you for the solution (workaround), but I hope you also understand my frustration. Thanks again!

Comment

It would seem it is still not updated on the server, after download the latest version of NT8 and going into Tools->Database Management->Section 'Update commission templates' it still is not updating. As a reference, my lifetime Broker Template still is at 0.41 for MES and 1.94 ES.

Comment

As stated before,the commission templates provided in the platform are meant as a guideline and may not always reflect exact commission charges for your specific NinjaTrader Brokerage account. Please create/edit your own template if you wish for the values to be more precise as previously instructed.

In general, updates to the platform as a whole have little to do with templates within the platform. Commission templates will be updated 'on the fly' whenever that update occurs. There is no need for you to wait for a new version of NinjaTrader. To force this 'on the fly' update,go t Tools->Database Management->Section 'Update commission templates'. If there is no change, that means the commission template has not yet been updated for the instruments you're monitoring.

Also keep in mind that your commission charges may be different from most of our users for whatever reason and may never match the 'general' templates that are provided. The best solution for you at this point is to copy the existing template then edit it to meet your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by MarianApalaghiei View Post
                        I find it unacceptable to be the one having to manually manage every single commission value. This makes me lose any trust in the Update feature. I will basically never be sure that I actually have the latest data, and will have to manually search the website for data which should be updated automatically. Otherwise the Update feature is pretty much useless, in this case.
                        absolutely agree. This obviously is a bug and should be fixed. See also HERE

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jeronymite  
                        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post frankthearm