How to auto manage IB-Gateway daily restart without causing NT8 to stop working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello timko and NT-Roland,

We used to have to use IB Gateway to achieve 24/5 connections, because TWS would perform daily disconnects. However, IB Gateway should no longer be needed for 24/5 connections because NinjaTrader should be able to automatically reconnect with both. I am looking into both TWS and IB Gateway related reconnect issues.

In the past, only 24/5 connections were possible IB Gateway and we would always get disconnected over the weekend for server maintenance. I had asked our Quality Assurance team to check source code if there is a timer involved with the disconnect process. There is a timer that will stop reconnecting if the connection cannot be completed in 3 minutes. Thus, we cannot expect the connection to re-establish over the weekend.

I am currently testing to reproduce the reconnection issues that were reported last week.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 04-20-2021, 10:55 AM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have started having problems with this test build, though it seems to work for the most part I've had a couple of instances of failure to update price data after a disconnect even though Interactive Brokers connection has the green light. Occured yesterday evening and early this morning, once after the IB server restart and once after my daily TWS restart as set in the configuration options. Will send trace and logs to Jim.

Comment

Do we have any news or timelines on this until when it will be resolved? Still cannot use our 24/5 strategies (what was the reason why we bought NT).

Comment

Has been working for me for the most part but this evening again, after my automatic restart of TWS at 20:00, reconnected to IB fine but no real time data flow occuring. The following errors in my trace at this time:

2021-05-04 20:01:07:222 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=-1 errorCode='MarketDataFarmConnectionOk' errorMessage='Market data farm connection is OK:usfarm'
          2021-05-04 20:01:07:222 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.ConnectionStatusHandler: ibStatus=Connected historical=Connected marketData=Connected
          2021-05-04 20:01:07:222 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=-1 errorCode='MarketDataFarmConnectionOk' errorMessage='Market data farm connection is OK:eufarm'
          2021-05-04 20:01:07:222 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.ConnectionStatusHandler: ibStatus=Connected historical=Connected marketData=Connected
          2021-05-04 20:01:07:274 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=492 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:492'
          2021-05-04 20:01:07:309 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=493 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:493'
          2021-05-04 20:01:07:714 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=494 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:494'
          2021-05-04 20:01:07:714 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=495 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:495'
          Had to disconnect/reconnect IB connection in NT to get realtime data flow again.

Comment

Another failure today to restart realtime data from IB after my daily TWS restart. API connected but no realtime market data flowing.

2021-05-07 20:15:44:309 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=674 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:674'
            2021-05-07 20:15:44:310 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=675 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:675'
            2021-05-07 20:15:44:332 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=676 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:676'
            2021-05-07 20:15:44:353 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=677 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:677'
            2021-05-07 20:15:44:383 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=678 errorCode='CantFindEid' errorMessage='Can't find EId with tickerId:678'
            2021-05-07 20:15:44:655 (My Interactive Brokers) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=-1 errorCode='MarketDataFarmConnectionOk' errorMessage='Market data farm connection is OK:eufarm'

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have been testing on various nights and had reproduced the issue once, but the results were inconclusive for further action.

We are needing further details for cases, so I would appreciate it if those that are testing, write in with their log and trace files and note the specifics on when the disconnect occurred which could not be recovered.

Please also include the following so we can all necessary information present in the reply:

1. Confirmation if you are ever able to reproduce the issue when changing the restart time to try and make the issue more reproducible, and out of how many times tried you encountered the issue
              2. Confirmation if this is happening only with the nightly reset
              3. Confirmation the issue was reproduced with the test build and TWS/IB Gateway 978.2c
              4. Confirmation that the account was not logged into from an external source like a mobile application
              5. Details if any positions were held (Please include screenshot of Positions tab of Control Center.)

Providing direct answers to questions #1-#5 in email will help to consolidate this information.

I am also arranging next week to set up a virtual machine and to lock our Interactive Brokers paper trading account so I can perform extended testing over a 24/5 period.

Thanks for the continued patience regarding this matter, and I will follow up again after the extended testing to report my findings or if I have any other news to share.
              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ct, Today, 01:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post ct
              by ct

Started by maiyudse, Today, 12:57 AM