Collapse

How to auto manage IB-Gateway daily restart without causing NT8 to stop working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader_AlanP NinjaTrader_ChrisL Has this issue been resolved yet as its been several months since this thread now? If it isn't, is support still in the process of providing a fix and when can we expect it?

I've just started using the version of IB Gateway listed in the NT IB connection guide and it is shutting down every 24 hours, disabling the strategies and Ninjatrader isn't restarting the connection.

If this isn't resolved, can you provide me a link with the previous version of IB Gateway that works with NT but doesn't require the daily shut down?

Comment

Hello pmn100, thanks for writing in.

This issue was fixed quite some time ago. Have you installed the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 here?:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

You can check your version by going to Help>About. The latest release is 8.0.23.2.

I look forward to hearing from you.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris

I have 8.0.22.2 at the moment. Do you know if the fix was included with this version? I'll install the latest version anyway and see what happens.

Comment

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now. boi hrmsTeatv
          Last edited by shubharora734; 10-07-2021, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Hello, thanks for writing in.

Are you running the correct version of TWS or Gateway? These are available to download from the connection guide page:
            https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

There should be no issues with NinjaTrader reconnecting if you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader and running the supported TWS/Gateway version.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hello Chris

I updated to the latest verison of Ninjatrader 8.0.23.2 but the problem still remains. NT will reconnect to IB Gateway but market data will not reconnect. The light remains red (not green) and the strategies do not function because no price data is being fed and no bars are updating. I have made a video of the process if you would like me to send it to a support email along with my log and trace files.

Strangely, if I disconnect from the IB connection using the disconnect option in the NT Connections Menu, and then reconnect, the light will turn yellow and stay yellow. If I disconnect a second time, then reconnect again, the light will instantly go green and I start getitng market data again. This process of disconnecting and reconnecting works everytime. First reconnect (automatic via the Gateway restart) will give the red light. A second manual disconnect by me and reconnect will give a yellow light. The third disconnect and reconnect will finally give the green light and everything starts ticking again.

I setup a separate connection for use with TWS instead of Gateway. The reconnect process via TWS works fine. The green light appears on first automatic reconnect after TWS restart and real time market data starts ticking. Maybe that information will help.

Let me know where to send the video and log files to.

Comment

Hello pmn100, thanks for your reply.

Please send the log and trace files and video to "platformsupport at ninjatrader.com" and reference "Attn ChrisL 2665543 <paste forum link here>".

Comment

I use NT 23.2 and Gateway 978.2c and upon the daily automated restart of Gateway the connection turns and remains red. To get the connection in green I have to disconnect via control center and reconnect. Market data and historical data farms are market red on the Gateway API window. I want to avoid having to manually disconnect / reconnect on a daily basis.

Regards and many thanks.

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Could you share the settings you have set up for Lock and Exit in IB Gateway? We need to be sure that Auto restart is used instead of Auto logoff.

We also have made some adjustments in our internal build to better address issues with IB reconnections. Could you reach out to me at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 2665543" and include a link to this thread? I would like to share an internal build for testing and work with you more closely regarding the reconnection matters.

I look forward to assisting.
                    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Both settings are Restart. I am running a test again with separate client IDs for the two instances of Gateway that I use at the same time. I will report on my findings shortly. Regards

Comment

I also have these issues, we have to get this resolved or we really can't run this with real money.

Comment

Hello DaFish,

Could you email me regarding this so I can provide an internal build for testing?

Please also share your Lock and Exit settings and confirm you are using TWS 978.2c or IB Gateway 978.2c.

Please see my response from post 24.

Comment

Same issue here, has anyone found a solution sofar?! We have made several installations latest NT Version & IB Gateway (As recommended in guide) but still IB Gateway disconnects every night. --> Have written to support already but nothing helped sofar... really frustrating :-(

Comment

Hello Coral,

Reproducing the symptoms has been difficult as we have not encountered every night and the issue occurs particularly overnight with the hard reset from Interactive Brokers.

To give you the latest information on our end, Quality Assurance and Development is looking into issues where the Interactive Brokers connection fails to reconnect after reset. They have been able to reproduce, but further research and analysis is needed. The ticket ID is NTEIGHT-14865.

If you are dead in the water in the meantime, you could try using IB gateway 973.2h which was the previous version we recommended before the automatic resets became mandated in newer version of TWS and IB Gateway. We have previously recommended to use Connection Loss Handling settings in NinjaTrader's Control Center > Tools > Options > Strategies > On Connection Loss menu to withstand the nightly disconnection using IB Gateway 973.2h. I do not have an installer for this version of IB Gateway, and I cannot attest that this will still work, but it may be worth a shot if you are stuck.

I will keep this thread informed of any new developments for NTEIGHT-14865. If we have an internal build that we can offer for affected users to test, I will report here as well.
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 03-19-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

seeing is believing... What does it mean by "Orange"?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM