Share service issues with VPS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share service issues with VPS.

I have trouble using email share service with VPS. I keep getting "SMPT server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated"
    Anyone a solution for this?

Many thanks in advance!

Pladijske, I moved your post to its own topic since the topic you posted under was not directly related to the issue you're referring to. We strive to keep the forum 'clean' in that each post has a specific purpose. In the future, feel free to post your own topic if you can't find an exact match for what you'd like to discuss.

The error message your reporting is not necessarily a result of a VPS unless the exact same share service settings were working on a local PC. For your reference, here are some educational links regarding email share service configuration:Have you tried the exact same settings without using the VPS? What email domain are you using (e.g. @gmail, @outlook, @yahoo, etc.)?

Comment

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your answer. It works perfect on my home PC with outlook.
      I tried also to open my outlook account in the VPS and hoped that it then would add to "safe" but I didn't do that on my home PC either so it didn't make a difference.
      As I tried with the vps I think something now went wrong with the connection to outlook on my home PC also, so I switched to gmail and changed the security in the gmail account in the settings to allow less secure apps.
      Now it works both in VPS and home PC but I am a bit afraid of the vulnerability.

Is there another way?

Kind regards

Comment

Hello Pladijske,

While the "less secure apps" login through Google is only temporarily and re-enables itself (although it should keep all authenticated apps logged in), an alternative way is to use Google's 2-Factor Authentication.

Once 2-Factor has been enabled, you may then create a custom password that only works for the NinjaTrader platform (or any other platforms that require access to your Google account).

The steps to enable this feature in your Google Account may be found in Google's publicly available Help Guide at the address below:

Tip: App passwords aren’t recommended and are unnecessary in most cases. To help keep your account secure, use "Sign in with Google" to connect apps to your Google Account. An app password is a 16-di

Please let us know, should you have any further questions!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post habeebft  
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
        1 response
        0 likes