Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual order entry

Hi,

So far I know, NT8 shows only average filled price visually for all the entries for an instrument, is there any way to show individual entries separately using chart trader to see where exactly I entered for individual entry? And If i have entered multiple positions for an instrument from an account, when I exit partially, which entry is exited where entried were at different price levels?

Hello asmmbillah,

While it is not possible to show all individual entries on ChartTrader, you may view each individual execution in a variety of ways.
    • The "Plot Markers" option, if not already enabled, would show the values on the chart directly. This option you may find as a setting within the Data Series, all the way to the bottom
    • The Control Center > Positions tab shows all currently open positions, including the option to adjust the price or cancel them
    • The Control Center > Orders Tab as well as the Trade Performance window would show all historical trades
    By default, NinjaTrader would always use the average entry and exit price to calculate PnL, as this will create, in our experience, the most accurate results and make the information more readable.

One option to change this would be within the Tools > Options > Trading category. Within this, you will find a "Use FIFO for position average price calculations".

If this option is enabled, NinjaTrader would then use a FIFO (first-in-first-out) system instead, where the oldest entry placed is the first to be filled.

Please note: This option only applies to simulated accounts. If you are interested in changing this on a live account please contact your brokerage directly.

It is also important to understand that, whichever option is selected, the end result would be the same as it does not change the entry or exit prices of any orders. It only modifies which execution is paired with which order.

Please let me know should you have any questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes