Breakeven Hot Key +1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakeven Hot Key +1

I use Hot Key for breakeven very often for my scalping.
    Is there a way to get breakeven +1 tick (or more) in order to include my fees ?
    Thank you

Hello kissandfly,

Thank you for your note.

I am not aware of a hot key that could specifically accomplish this in the platform currently but I have submitted your inquiry to our development team as a feature request.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello all. I don't care about they hot-key, a simple menu button or right-click function would suffice for me. I'm looking for something similar. Let's say I have opened a position, I am filled with 1 long future contract. I didn't use any ATM strategy at all. There is no Stop-Loss or Take-Profit in the market yet. Now I right-click into the chart and put a SELL stop market under the current price and under the price I entered that position.

Now I wanna attach a break-even function to that stop-sell order, how can this be accomplished? When I right-click onto that sell-market-stop order I am not able to see anything related to Breakeven in the popped up context menu.

Any help appreciated.

Comment

Hello Patricia70,

Thank you for the note.

There is currently not a way to give a manually placed Stop Market order breakeven functionality as you would then need to define a value above your buy-in price that would trigger the manually placed stop to move to break even.

The only way to have Auto-breakeven functionality on a Stop Loss would be by placing it through an ATM Strategy.

One option would be to create an ATM Strategy where you define how you want the auto breakeven functionality to work and be triggered, but then have it place the Stop Loss target far enough away from buy-in that you can place the order and then have time to manually move the Stop Loss closer until it triggers the Auto-breakeven.

Or, you could configure a few variations on the same ATM Strategy where you have it place the Stop Loss at a different distance from your entry. Then place your order without an ATM Strategy applied, and then when you are ready to apply the Stop Loss to your order, go to the Control Center > Positions tab and right-click on the order > Apply ATM Strategy > Select the various ATM Strategy that makes the most sense for you and your trade and it will apply the Stop Loss with the breakeven functionality to your order.

Please see these publicly available videos for a review of ATM Strategies and ATM Stop Strategies in NinjaTrader 8:
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Clayton,

thanks for your kind reply with all the information provided. However I was really looking for a working solution without necessarily use the ATM strategy function. Sad to hear this simple task is not possible in Ninjatrader as it is in many other trading platforms I used before. You could easily assign breakeven functionalities (even customized) or auto-trail functions etc. to an existing order.

Maybe you can forward this as a feauture request to the technical department? look at other trading platforms, they are offering this.

thanks for your support and listening
          Patricia.

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted your suggestion as a feature request.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Again, thank you for the suggestion.
            Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post GLFX005
            by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM