TD Ameritrade seems to have new, very stingy limits on data requests now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade seems to have new, very stingy limits on data requests now

Was working with some things today and trying to pull down several months of minute data with TD Ameritrade with several different stock symbols, which has not been a problem in the past, but as of today they seem to really only offer the most recent 2 months of data (which is frankly useless to me).

Putting this out there to share the info and/or see others' recent experiences with TDA connection.

Hello Calebg,

Thank you for your post.

TD Ameritrade has reduced their available historical minute data from 365 days to 50 days. We have reached out to learn more about why this change has occurred. You could also try to contact TD Ameritrade directly to express your concern over the recent change.

Please note that NinjaTrader has no direct control over how or why data providers make changes to what is available to third party applications like NinjaTrader.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks the confirmation. My annoyance at TDA knows no bounds, but I'm just moving on to some other solution as to avoid having even *more* time wasted. Definitely lessens their appeal as a broker for me. (and yes, I realize this is all outside of what Ninjatrader can control)

Comment

Fyi, I believe I have found an additional unintended consequence of the TDA API change - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-server-active (TD Ameritrade API change causes a problem when "Get data from server" active)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin