Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OF Volume Profile plotting

Hello,

why does the OF volume profile show an extended naked VA when this has been broken already before.

I drew a rectangle which VA I mean, on the left you see that price has been there already crossing the VA.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • I see that you're restricting your Order Flow Volume Profile's trading hours to 'CME FX Futures RTH'. Is this same template applied to the data series as well?

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I´m using NT8 8.0.22.2 64-bit
      I´m connected with continuum.
      Even when I "restrict" to CME FX Futures RTH it should not plot naked from parameters when it is not naked anymore. No?
      I´m not sure if I understand what you mean with "same template applied....". I showed the chart and the parameters and in the chart I have "use instruments settings"

Going over the charts today I think now if the "logic" is the following: when in parameters of the OFvolumeprofile there is FX RTH and the VA is broken outside the FX RTH then it continues plotting as a naked VA(?) If so, what need to be set to have the VA of the FX RTH but the VA is not plotted as naked whatever time it is broken?

Thank you!
      Tony
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tonynt; 07-28-2020, 02:30 AM. Reason: idea

Comment

To clarify, your screenshot is showing the properties of the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator, not the data series.

The 'trading hours' in the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator settings will restrict that indicator to only calculating from or "seeing" data which falls within that template. You stated that your data series has '<use instrument settings>' selected which for 6A is the 'CME FX Futures ETH' template. This template of your data series is less restrictive than the template you've selected for the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator.

when in parameters of the OFvolumeprofile there is FX RTH and the VA is broken outside the FX RTH then it continues plotting
        Correct, because according to the data that the indicator can 'see', the volume area has not been broken. Here is a visual difference:
        what need to be set to have the VA of the FX RTH but the VA is not plotted as naked whatever time it is broken?
        Unfortunately, this is not possible without also restricting the chart's data series to the same trading hours template as your indicator.

Comment

yes, therefore I wrote in #3 "and in the chart I have "use instruments settings""

Comment

I am not sure what you mean. The template "<use instruments settings>" for 6A is "CME FX Futures ETH". This template restricts chart data less than the template you have selected for the indicator which is "CME FX Futures RTH".

You can view exactly what each trading hours template does by going to the Control Center > Tools > Trading Hours window.

If you want both to be calculating from ETH data, then you'll need to leave the data series as "<use instruments settings>" and change the indicator to "<use data series settings>".

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Clear now with this. But I have another problem now with OFvolumeprofile. When I check the IB Range visible it doesnt plot on the chart. What might be the reason? What has to be set for having the IB Range plotted please?

Thank you!
              Tony

Comment

I assume you're referring to the 'Initial Balance Range' line? Moving forward, at least when you first mention an item, please spell out what you're referring to so there is no confusion or delay. Here is the definition of 'Initial Balance' from the help guide:

The initial balance is an optional feature which will enable plots to show you what the current range, POC, and Value area a set number of minutes into the session. A typical use case is so that you can compare what the POC and VA was early on in the profile and make a comparison to where it ended up. The initial balance range needs to have the property 'Initial balance time (in minutes)' set to a non-zero value. Once 'Initial balance time' is defined the there are 3 lines which will be enabled and can be configured, you can enable only the lines you wish to see to display the 'Initial Range', 'Initial POC', and 'Initial Value Area'.
                You may find other useful information for your use of the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator by browsing through the entire help guide section on the tool. It is a powerful tool with many settings and capabilities, and most of that is documented in the link below:

Comment

Hello,

what might be the reason that there is plotted only the IBL but not the IBH? In the attached 2 screenshots one can see that its checked visible and the plotting in the chart.
                  (IBL 3311, IBH 3320.50 not plotting)

Thank you!
                  Tony
                  Attached Files

Comment

What is your 'Initial balance time (in minutes)' property defined as?

Also, moving forward, please spell out what you're referring to instead of using initialisms so there is no confusion or delay.

Comment

attached is a screenshot showing more indicator parameters.

I have no idea what you mean with "... spell out..... instead using initialisms....".

I thought I have described correctly in my question what its about. What is there an initialsms. If you blame my english we can do in spanish or german as well.
                      Attached Files

Comment

'IBL' is an initialism for 'Initial Balance Low'. While I was able to make this assumption safely, an assumption on my part about what your initialism means may end up with us talking about two different things. My recommendation's purpose is suggesting a way to avoid a situation in which the incorrect assumption is made. Once we've established what our initialisms mean, we can then use them freely without the possibility of an incorrect assumption. I'll also assume that 'IBH' stands for 'Initial Balance High'.

I am not able to recreate the missing IBH with what I believe to be identical indicator settings:Would you agree that our settings are the same? If not, what setting is different?

Can you recreate this symptom on a new chart window? If so, does changing the chart's interval (lets say from 5 minutes to 15 minutes or 1 minute) change the behavior at all?

Comment

Got you. And I agree 100% with avoiding confusion or delay!!! Today I had a discussion with my daughter exactly because of this.

But as it was about volumeprofile and initialrange I had not thought to write this accurate used abreviations in full word. When using in another context it would be really guessing about. Anyhow you are right and I agree.

As its soon midnight here and I like to run it with live data I check tomorrow and reply then.

Thank you for your support!

Tony

Comment

Hello,

attached is a screenshot 6E blue on the left and 6B gray on the right.
                            6B is plotting the initial-balance-high and ...low with magenta colors.
                            6E is plottiing only the initial-balance-high but not the low.
                            Both have everything same (dataseries, template loaded) except the backcolor of charts.

I dont know what I would do wrong there!

Thank you!
                            Tony
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello again, 15 minutes later...

now its plotting also in 6E the initial-balance-low.

Strange.

Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses