Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Future Data for TD Ameritrade

Dear Support,

I have my TD Ameritrade on NinjaTrader 8 Live platform. While I can trade ES,NQ, CL, etc. On TDA TOS platform, data for these futures are not available on NT8 live. How do I trade futures contacts in my TDA account on NT8 Live platform?

Thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

The interface between NinjaTrader and TD Ameritrade only supports equities trading (stocks and ETFs). This is why you are not able to receive futures data into NinjaTrader with the data feed from TD Ameritrade.

NinjaTrader offers an in-house brokerage service for futures trading, which will provide real-time & historical tick data through CQG/Continuum. Alternatively, you can use the NinjaTrader platform to trade futures with Interactive Brokers as a third-party brokerage option.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I also use TD Ameritrade. But unfortunately, at this point for 3rd party software providers like NinjaTrader, Futures and Indexes are not supported. I do not know why, probably they want to force people to use ToS?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
        Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

The interface between NinjaTrader and TD Ameritrade only supports equities trading (stocks and ETFs). This is why you are not able to receive futures data into NinjaTrader with the data feed from TD Ameritrade.

NinjaTrader offers an in-house brokerage service for futures trading, which will provide real-time & historical tick data through CQG/Continuum. Alternatively, you can use the NinjaTrader platform to trade futures with Interactive Brokers as a third-party brokerage option.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Thanks Christopher,

I used to trade futures on NT platform with Rithmic data in a Dorman account. Do you still support Dorman and Rithmic?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Please email your license key along who your broker is to platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com
          Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dpolyakov View Post
            I also use TD Ameritrade. But unfortunately, at this point for 3rd party software providers like NinjaTrader, Futures and Indexes are not supported. I do not know why, probably they want to force people to use ToS?
            Thanks.

A couple of questions, please:

1. Do you trade Futures on TOS, if so do you experience data latency and larger slippages?
            2. I trade equities with TDA on their platforms and used to trade futures on NT with Rithmic data and Dorman as broker, and had to pay monthly exchange fees for Futures. Do you know if TDA in now charging for Futures exchange data or these are included in their commissions and fees?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
              Hello aligator,

Please email your license key along who your broker is to platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com
              Thank you Christopher,

I can see on Connections that Rithmic is supported but I do not see Dorman on your list anymore. Would you please answer my question in post #4 before I send e-mail to your sales?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

We will need to look at your license key to determine which brokers you are able to use with the NinjaTrader platform. Please send an email to [email protected] and include your license key in order for us to assist you.

Comment

aligator,

1. Do you trade Futures on TOS, if so do you experience data latency and larger slippages?
                  No, I do not trade futures using TOS. For that I have NT account with NT brokerage and datafeed (Continuum). But I know a guy who trades futures using TOS: no problem with datafeed or latency, slippage happens like everywhere else.

2. I trade equities with TDA on their platforms and used to trade futures on NT with Rithmic data and Dorman as broker, and had to pay monthly exchange fees for Futures. Do you know if TDA in now charging for Futures exchange data or these are included in their commissions and fees?
                  According to TDA's website: $2.25/contract + exchange fees + regulator fee. No fees for datafeed. So it will be around $5 for a round trip. It is cheaper to use NT for that. Even if you have to pay for a datafeed as all these $ differences add up quickly.

Comment

For as long as I can remember I have used TD Ameritrade. If you haven’t heard about it, it’s basically a broker that offers an electronic trading platform for the trade of financial assets including common stocks, preferred stocks, futures contracts, etc. To be honest, I don’t know that much about NT8 live, but I guess you can contact the help bar directly, maybe they’ll give you more information. Recently, I’m starting to get to discover more trading apps available on the market. I want to find something that will truly convince me to quit the others and become a loyal customer for only one. There are a lot of things that I’m picky about, mostly the privacy agreements which have a lot of pitfalls in my opinion. That’s just my opinion.
                    Last edited by Evalewis; 06-01-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Are there any plans to update this? I have been using w TD for equities and options some lately, but future orders are not accepted. It would be much better to stay outside of the TOS platform altogether.

Also is there a way to expand the text size of the options chain as it tends to be hard on my eyes. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by metical1 View Post
                        Are there any plans to update this? I have been using w TD for equities and options some lately, but future orders are not accepted. It would be much better to stay outside of the TOS platform altogether.

Also is there a way to expand the text size of the options chain as it tends to be hard on my eyes. Thanks!
                        TOS is the same as TDA, exceptept that it is for active traders, but you can trade Furtures and Futures drivitives. Just open a TOS account using your TDA credentials. Then you would be able to trade everything. You would have to fill some additional forms for trading futures though.

If you are only trading equities, options, and ETFs,etc. no need for any new forms to fill, just open a new TOS connection and you can do all when you sigh up with your DTA ID and PW. The good news is you will have access to all kinds of features that are not available on TDA platform for active traders, specially when it comes to options trading, education, market and risk analysis, news, training material, etc. I would definitely suggest to use TOS regardless, since it will not cost anything but provides more resources for active traders.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello metical1,

Unfortunately there is no setting to configure the font for the Option Chain window.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team as well as supporting futures with TD Ameritrade. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello metical1,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking numbers for your feature requests are:

SFT-152 (support futures with TD Ameritrade)
                            SFT-5825 (configurable text size for the Option Chain window)

We added your vote for SFT-152. SFT-5825 is a new feature request. Please reference these internal tracking numbers when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding these feature requests.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

aligator It would also be good if NinjaTrader supported the recently announced capability to trade Forex on TD Ameritrade (soon to be Charles Schwab).

On the subject of "SFT-152 (support futures with TD Ameritrade)", it's important to understand that all SFT numbers correlate with when that particular "feature request" was first documented by NinjaTrader.

Whilst it remains a long-longed-for wish of the user community for more transparency on such matters, some sense of the possibility of any particular SFT actually becoming a "feature" can be gained by trying to place the number of the SFT in historical context. Most recent SFTs are in the high 5000s. Working backwards historically then, one can get a sense of when a particular SFT might have first been mooted. In the case of SFT-152, one would have to go back at least 15 years for that.

For example, the much-requested Disable popup messages for rejected orders was actually first requested as SFT-671, and has been around since this post on 2008-10-10, some 14.5 years ago.

Hence, your expectations need to adjust to the reality of SFT implementation timeframes as a form of probability that the "feature" will ever be implemented.

Thanks.

[Completely unrelated, but highlighted by the very early post above, congratulations to NinjaTrader_Jason for still being with NinjaTrader after at least 14.5 years!]
                              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                              jeronymite
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM