All is lost in market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All is lost in market replay

I suspect I have to be doing something wrong in market replay and my charts.

I open a chart and and an instrument (ES). I draw trend channels, arrows, lines, etc and I begin to sim trade. If I miss a good setup, I would simply like to rewind a few minutes so that I can try practicing the trade again. The issue is that no matter what I do, if I move the market replay slider or right-click and choose "go to" it completely wipes out and/or jumbles all of my drawings into the center of the screen. Most of the time the drawings are just gone. Even if I save the workspace this happens. It's getting tiresome to have to redraw everything over and over again if I simply want to jump back a few minutes to try a trade again.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

If you save the workspace, it will save the drawing objects you have applied in charts. Before you connect to the Playback connection, please save the workspace to save the drawing objects.

Unfortunately they will still disappear once you connect to the Playback connection. This is as expected as well as drawing objects being erased after going back in time. I will forward the suggestion to not erase them in these situations to development.

Once you are finished with the Playback connection and you connect to your data feed/broker, you should see the drawing objects from before using the Playback connection, providing you saved the workspace before using the Playback connection.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm sorry but I'm not following what you're saying.

Once I connect to the playback connection I see the chart. Then I add my drawings. I can then disconnect from the playback connection. The chart and drawings are still on the screen at that point. Then I save the workspace. As soon as I reconnect to Market Replay and use the "go to" selection to navigate back to the day/time the drawings are either not there or they are piled up in the middle of the screen. If it was a "going back in time" issue, shouldn't it keep a drawing if it was created prior to the latest time being viewed? If a line was drawn at 9:00am, and at 11:30am I want to go back to 11:25am, shouldn't that line be there? At 11:25, the line drawn at 9:00am was there. If a line was drawn at 11:29 I wouldn't expect it to be there if I go back to 11:25am.

From what I gather in your response it sounds like you're saying that as long as I'm not connected to playback connection and I save my drawings they should remain intact where I drew them. I'm not seeing that on my computer.

See attached screenshot. All of the drawings are in the middle of the screen after I reconnect.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post and apologies for the confusion.

When you connect to the Playback connection your drawing objects will be where you left them, but if you rewind the time in the Playback Controller they will be reset. This is expected behavior at this point, but my colleague Marco has submitted removing this behavior as a feature request to our development team on your behalf.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1785. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
            Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

If you save the workspace, it will save the drawing objects you have applied in charts. Before you connect to the Playback connection, please save the workspace to save the drawing objects.

Unfortunately they will still disappear once you connect to the Playback connection. This is as expected as well as drawing objects being erased after going back in time. I will forward the suggestion to not erase them in these situations to development.

Once you are finished with the Playback connection and you connect to your data feed/broker, you should see the drawing objects from before using the Playback connection, providing you saved the workspace before using the Playback connection.
            I drew some drawings while in replay and then I fastforwarded a couple hours and they disappeared? is this standard?

Comment

Hello sashol3,

Thank you very much for your post.

The chart should retain drawing objects, as long as the chart itself has not been closed.

If this is not the case, please first ensure you are using our current version (8.1.1.7). You may find the installed version under Help > About.

If you are already using 8.1.1.7, please send us your log & trace files and we can best assist you further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!​
              Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sashol3 View Post

I drew some drawings while in replay and then I fastforwarded a couple hours and they disappeared? is this standard?
                My rectangles/lines are disappearing after I scroll forward on the replayer by just minutes. I have not changed connections nor restarted the app (all on the same log on). Oddly, my text boxes remain. This does not seem right to me and I cant tell if I am doing something wrong or if this is behaving the way that it is meant to.

Comment

Hello sashol3,

Thank you very much for your reply.

If you have not already sent us your log & trace files, please follow the steps below and we can best assist you further:

Go to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!​
                  Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The rectangle objects that I'm drawing are disappearing as well when I fast forward or rewind in time. Any fib objects and horizontal lines remain, but the rectangles disappear every time.

Comment

Hello electriqtrading,

Thanks for the note.

Please first ensure that you are using the most updated version of the platform, either 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.1.7. Then please make sure that you have completed all of your Windows updates on your PC and have updated your graphic drivers (likely NVIDIA).​

If you have not already sent us your log & trace files, please follow the steps below and we can best assist you further:

Go to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and describe your issue in the body of the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                      19 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Radano
                      by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes