OneDrive and NinjaTrader 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OneDrive and NinjaTrader 8

my one drive is filling up with Ninja files how and what can i delete should i clean my cache also

Welcome to the forums dana Higgins!

Please open a new thread for new inquiries instead of replying to an existing thread. This helps others searching the forum to quickly find resolutions. You can read more about using the forum and how to open a thread at the link below.

NinjaTrader should not be used with OneDrive as you will see file access violations and other issues when OneDrive tries to sync files to the cloud. We do not recommend deleting bar cache except unless directed by a support technician for troubleshooting reasons.

If you want to remove historical data from your platform, you can do so from the Control Center's Tools > Historical Data window.

Using the Historical Data window - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ta_manager.htm

Deleting Historical data - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...HistoricalData

I have included some information for how you can remove NinjaTrader from the OneDrive folder below.

Fixing issues seen with OneDrive

I have included a link outlining how to remap your Documents folder below.
    I would also recommend going through OneDrive to make sure OneDrive isn't set to continue to backup the Documents folder. Please see the following link that outlines how to make changes in OneDrive:
    I have included instructions on how to reinstall the NinjaTrader platform below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, custom items etc. You'll need a license key for this procedure, which I've included below. These steps wont affect your current license key (if different):
    • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Please follow these steps:
    • Close all running applications.
    • Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
    • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
    • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
    • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 8 and click Remove.
    • Restart your PC.
    • After NinjaTrader is uninstalled, navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 8" folders located here if any: C:\Program Files (x86)\
    • or
    • C:\Program Files\
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:
    • http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect (* This is where you will need to input your license key to download)
    We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post r68cervera  
    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
    0 responses