Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd party vendor addon

Hello,

I installed a third party vendor indicator.
    I cant find or see the indicator script in the ninjacript editor?

Is it possible?

TY

Hello frankduc,

Thanks for your post.

It is likely the vendor gave you a compiled assembly of their code which is not human readable source code. A script distributed in a DLL cannot be edited in the NinjaScript Editor.

You can open the zip file that you imported to check if you installed a DLL or source code. You can also check the expected file name if the script was distributed as source code.

We look forward to assisting.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 07-30-2020, 10:18 AM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim,

1) It's a free trial. How come it does'nt need an ID machine to set the indicator as a free trial? When i imported the file does it mean the compiled assembly contacted the machine vendor and than by default setting gave a free trial to all users for a certain period of time?

2) What if i import a file that is not free trial. Will i get a message to contact the vendor?

3) The DLL(CS file) show modified script probably by agile.net for NT8. As i can see you can still read the private variables. The if and for loop statement can be read even if the variables are unreadable. If you use agile will the DLL look like the CS file? If you open a DLL without agile will it looks like the CS file. I am wondering how much safer to use agile if some part of the script are still readable.

Ty

Comment

Hello frankduc,

1) It's a free trial. How come it does'nt need an ID machine to set the indicator as a free trial? When i imported the file does it mean the compiled assembly contacted the machine vendor and than by default setting gave a free trial to all users for a certain period of time?
        Machine ID are used to tie a license for a vendor product to a user's PC. If a product has a free trail set up, then it will not need to associate the Machine ID with a license. Since the NinjaScript object makes a handshake with the licensing server to see if there is a license or a free trial, the licensing server will keep track of that request and block using the indicator in the future if the trail is expired.

2) What if i import a file that is not free trial. Will i get a message to contact the vendor?
        Yes.

3) The DLL(CS file) show modified script probably by agile.net for NT8. As i can see you can still read the private variables. The if and for loop statement can be read even if the variables are unreadable. If you use agile will the DLL look like the CS file? If you open a DLL without agile will it looks like the CS file. I am wondering how much safer to use agile if some part of the script are still readable.
        Are you talking about a DLL file or a CS file? If the export you installed contains a DLL, you would not have source code and cannot edit the script. The CS file included with that DLL would include stubs and not the actual source code.

If your export has a CS file in the Indicators folder, then you should look for that file name in NinjaScript Editor under Indicators.

Agile.NET is used to encrypt DLL's so they cannot be opened with decompilation/hacking tools.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Hello

Is there a less expansive way to encrypt DLL than Agile.NET for NT. I know its a 100 $. Its almost the price of creating and hosting a website.
          There is a free version for NT7 can it be used on NT8 files?

TY

Comment

Hello frankduc,

Agile.NET is the service we recommend. You are welcome to investigate other options for DLL encryption, but that would involve your own research.

CLISecure would not be supported with NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes