Nyse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nyse?

Hey all, new user here. I do I add all the stocks in the NYSE so when I type the symbol in the chart, the data loads? Thank you.

Hello IM140.6,

Thank you for posting your question on the forum today.

First, you need to be sure that your data provider offers data for the specific Stocks from the NYSE you wish to view. Here is a link to our help guide that goes over the Data Providers' supported data: Data by provider
    While NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments, there are several instruments that are not preloaded within the database. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.
    The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.
    Your new instrument should now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Once you have your instruments saved in the Database, you should be able to type into your chart to select the instrument. Here is a help guide link that goes over that functionality in further detail: How to change a data series

If you have any additional questions or inquiries regarding NinjaTrader in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us once more.

Comment

Thank you, Brendan. Although I can't see the NYSE stocks in the instrument list, I can type a stock symbol in the chart and it'll populate. Still learning my way around....

Comment

Hello Im140.6

Thank you for your response with these details.

Here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with initial configuration of the platform:
        Below, you will find links to some additional publicly available resources to help you become more familiar with NinjaTrader:Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with in the future.

Comment

Like I said, I'm new to NT and honestly, I cannot believe the number of searches I have to do, videos I have to watch, to figure out how get the NYSE to load up or even something as rudimentary as the VWAP indicator.

Comment

Hello IM140.6,

Thank you for responding with these details.
            Please note as I stated previously that NinjaTrader comes preloaded with several instruments, however if it is not on the database, you would need to manually add the instrument. Furthermore, if you wish to create an instrument list for instruments from the NYSE, you can create a list of stocks by going to the Control Center->Tools->Instrument list->Click add on the left hand side under the lists and type in the name of the instrument list you wish to add

With an instrument list created you would be able to add different instruments of your choice to that list. Here is a link to our help guide that goes into further detail regarding adding instruments to an instrument list: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rumentsToAList

While there is the VWAP indicator that comes with the platform for lifetime license holders, if that is not available, I was able to find a publicly available indicator from our user app share that is a VWAP.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
            Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
            1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
            2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
            3. Select the downloaded .zip file
            4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
            • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            15 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB