Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow load when typing time frame on chart

Hi,

I'd usually go through different time frames by typing on the chart. So for instance, if I wanted to go on 1 minute, I'd type '1m', or 1 hour I'd type '1h'. With the new update, it seems like all these stocks and other instruments are also brought up as a drop down menu with options which makes it extremely slow to get to the next time frame. Is there anyway to disable this? I think the update is useless and doesn't help.

Would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,

Tony

There is no way to disable the new Instrument Selector feature. If you type in '1M' on a chart and hit enter immediately, you should be able to switch intervals basically instantaneously.

If there is more than maybe a quarter-second delay, this may be indicative of some other underlying issue (perhaps your database file is oversized, for example). If you'd like to dig deeper into this symptom, please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2678356 ATTN PatrickG
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-31-2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      There is no way to disable the new Instrument Selector feature. If you type in '1M' on a chart and hit enter immediately, you should be able to switch intervals basically instantaneously.

If there is more than maybe half a quarter-second delay, this may be indicative of some other underlying issue (perhaps your database file is oversized, for example). If you'd like to dig deeper into this symptom, please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
      • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
      • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
      • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2678356 ATTN PatrickG
      Sent, thanks Patrick.

Comment

Patrick solved this for me!!! If anyone wants to know:

If you rename your database file, does the Instrument Selector delay persist? Follow these steps:
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes