Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to close positions without affecting the account balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to close positions without affecting the account balance?

I would like to know if there is any way to close positions that have been left open in an old contract without affecting the account balance, that is, I would only like to leave the account in 0 positions but without liquidating the contract

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

You can manage open positions from the Control Center's "Positions" tab, where all open positions are displayed and can be right clicked> Close Position to remove the contract from your account. You'd likely be charged by your broker for the commission but would need to reach out to your broker directly to discuss account related items.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I perform an entry operation on a data series. Example ES 09-20. But if the contract is close to expiring I rollover in my broker and in ninja I change the data series to ES 12-20. But an open position remains in 09-20, I would like to close it (without affecting balance)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the note.

As Marco suggested, your broker would be the best contact to resolve this question.

For non-trading emergency account-related inquires, you can contact the NinjaTrader Brokerage Support Team here:
        Here is a link which has contact information for all customer service departments:
        Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't want to take any action in the broker. I just want to delete a position in the account in a series of ninjatrader data without affecting my balance.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

NinjaTrader does not actually control your account position, but instead transmits the signals you create to open or close positions. If you close that position within the platform, it will always affect your balance. There would be no way to avoid this process.

We recommend you reach out to your broker for further information about how they handle open positions when a futures contract rolls over, as this is not a platform-related item, but instead relates to how your broker manages positions.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
            Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes