Multiple charts screen support on Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple charts screen support on Strategy Analyzer

Hi, I would like to have multiple screens with different timeframe under Strategy Analyzer.
    My strategy leverages different indicators on different timeframe to make buying decisions, while I can access data through the multi-timeframe support, it is very difficult to figure out the correctness of the buying trigger by looking at chart for only 1 timeframe..
    Any help is really appreciated!

Hello jonfan45,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The Strategy Analyzer does not support multi-screen or multi time frame displays. I will create a feature request for this and will update this thread when that request has been entered into our system If this feature request already exists, your vote would be added to it.

Feature Request Disclaimer.
    We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
    When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
    Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

"it is very difficult to figure out the correctness of the buying trigger by looking at chart for only 1 timeframe.." You can do your strategy developmental work using your charts that can show the multi-time frames.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Paul for the quick turnaround.

For "You can do your strategy developmental work using your charts that can show the multi-time frames." Can you please elaborate on this? Is there an option to display multiple charts with the historical data and apply my strategy at the same time?

Comment

Hello jonfan45,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you can create charts that show multiple time frames in a single chart window either in their own panels or overlaid using different chartstyles. I've created a short video to show a couple of display options for time-based charts: https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...N18xNDI5MzkzMA

To run a strategy you either have to be connected to live data or connected to playback with market replay data. In either case, when you apply the strategy, the strategy will perform historical trades on the historical parts of the chart based on the number of days to load in the data series. So if you have 100 days of historical days to load the strategy will show their trades on that data.(Note that when you apply the strategy to a live or replay chart, you have to check the "enable" checkbox).

Comment

Hi Paul,

Really appreciate for taking the time to put up the recording! It is really powerful.

I will try out applying my strategy on top of the charts and the market replay data.

Thanks again,
          Jonathan

Comment

Hello Jonathan,

Just to follow-up on the feature request.

We have created the feature request SFT-5033, "Multiple charts within the Strategy Analyzer".

Thanks for your interest in improving NinjaTrader.

Feature Request Disclaimer.
            We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
            When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
            Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
            1 response
            0 likes