Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader

Hello Dear Ninja,
    i just downloaded the demo of your software and is amazing.
    I was wondering: after the demo is expired which are my options if i want to go on using ninjatrader?
    I want to use it just as a screening chart, not for placing orders.

Thanks a lot

Hello polo0202,

Thank you for posting on the forum with these details today and thanks for your interest in NinjaTrader.

Assuming that you are referring to the market data demos that last 14 days for futures instruments, when the demo is expired there are a few different options to continue to use the platform. Seeing as NinjaTrader itself is not a data provider, but rather displays the data it receives, one option would be to obtain a data provider for the instruments you wish to receive data for.
    Here is a helpful link to our help guide that goes over the different data providers and the type of data they offer: NinjaTrader data by provider

If a live market data provider is not an option, you could use the playback connection which would allow you to playback past days' data as if it were in real time using market replay data.
    I have provided a publicly available link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:I have provided a publicly available link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.If you have any other questions or inquiries regarding NinjaTrader, do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrendanC View Post
      Hello polo0202,

Thank you for posting on the forum with these details today and thanks for your interest in NinjaTrader.

Assuming that you are referring to the market data demos that last 14 days for futures instruments, when the demo is expired there are a few different options to continue to use the platform. Seeing as NinjaTrader itself is not a data provider, but rather displays the data it receives, one option would be to obtain a data provider for the instruments you wish to receive data for.
      Here is a helpful link to our help guide that goes over the different data providers and the type of data they offer: NinjaTrader data by provider

If a live market data provider is not an option, you could use the playback connection which would allow you to playback past days' data as if it were in real time using market replay data.
      I have provided a publicly available link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:I have provided a publicly available link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.If you have any other questions or inquiries regarding NinjaTrader, do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance.

Hello and thanks for the answer.
      Yes i need exactly what i'm trying now: the Ninja platform, plus the market data demos.
      Since NinjaTrader is not a data provider, could you please tell me from where it receives the data that i'm using in this demo version?
      Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

Hello Polo0202,

Thank you for your response.

If you signed up for a Futures demo from our website, that data is provided by the data providers CQG.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader questions or inquiries you may have in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses