Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cant import this indicator from the user app share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant import this indicator from the user app share.

Hello I downloaded this indicator from the user app share:https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ard-indicator/
    and I get this import failed notification pop up when I try to install it. I don't know what could be causing the issue but I've imported a few other indicators since which have worked fine. See attached photo, thanks!

Hello augustfay,

Thanks for your post.

The error would mean that one script you are importing is conflicting with another. You can drop the file in manually to see what it is conflicting with to help make a next decision.

You could open the zip and drop the AdvancedRiskReward.cs file into the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators folder, and then open the NinjaScript Editor Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor) and press F5 to compile and see what the conflict is.

You can then remove the conflicting script if you want to use the script you just manually imported, or right click on the conflicting script in the grid of errors and select Exclude From Compilation.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jim, I will try doing that. I also had this "end of central directory" popup from this indicator:https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...icatortrading/ what would the reason for this one be? Should I do the same thing to troubleshoot it?

Comment

Hello augustfay,

How exactly did you reproduce this error? If we have some steps to reproduce the error, I would like to investigate this further.

Could you also let us know if you see this issue when testing in a clean environment?

Clean Environment Test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        3. Add the ThreeIndicatorTrading strategy and test to reproduce the issue.
        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thank you Jim. I will try the steps you described when I have a moment, but to quickly answer your first question, I received this error just from trying to import the Ninjascript, same as the other indicator.

Comment

Hello Jim, I wrote a legnthy response to this over a week ago but it was during that week with the forum maintenance going on and it appears that my replies that day were either deleted or not posted at all.

I wrote that I followed your steps for the Advanced Risk Reward indicator problem. I opened the .zip file and dropped the .cs file into the folder and got these two compelling errors:
            The type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Path' exists in both 'c\Users\....
            and
            'Path' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.IO.Path' and NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Path'

I don't want to delete the indicators causing the interference, is there a way I can edit the script for the Advanced Risk Reward indicator, or some other better solution that would allow me to use both?

For the second issue with Three Indicator Trading, before trying a clean environment test I wanted to investigate the zip file. I found that I was unable to unzip it on two separate machines. I got errors stating that the file was invalid, that the file could not be opened, or that it was empty. I will attach a screenshot for this one. I was wondering if you would be able to try it out on your end before I resort to the clean environment test, maybe there is just a problem with this one straight from the webpage. Once again, it is available in the user app share here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...icatortrading/

Thank you for your help and best!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello augustfay,

Thanks for replying back, and apologies for the inconvenience with the forum maintenance.

When we first added the Path DrawingTool, we called it Path which causes conflicts when System.IO.Path is used without the fully qualified namespace. We have renamed it so it is called PathTool in recent versions of NinjaTrader 8.

Please navigate to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\ folder and delete the @Path.cs file found there. Please then run a Repair operation with an installer to ensure the "@PathTool.cs" drawing tool is installed in its place. NinjaTrader must be closed when taking these steps.

Update installers can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

I have not had any issue unzipping the ThreeIndicatorTrading strategy or importing it on the platform. Please try downloading this file anew. I may also suggest trying to open it up with another archiving application like 7zip. I have included a publicly available link below.

download, sources, free, gnu, lgpl, 7-zip, archiver, compression, software, compress, zip, unzip

Comment

Hi Jim, so I navigated to the DrawingTools folder and there wasn't a @path.cs file in there, I already had the most recent version of NT8 installed but I went ahead and downloaded the latest installer again and did a repair. The indicator still didn't work, so I extracted the .cs file and dropped it into the indicator folder in the bin and compiled it once more to get the specific path listed in the error. It says that the problem comes from two different .dll files from two custom indicators inside the bin\custom folder. They are both from the same 3rd party company. should I contact them about the issue?

Comment

Hello augustfay,

The third party DLL's may be built using the old Path drawing tool and may need to be updated.

Please check your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools folder and ensure only the DrawingTools seen in the image attached are included which are preceded with an "@."

If you see any additional DrawingTools preceded with "@" please remove them.

Please also test temporarily removing the AddOns from the Control Center's Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly menu, importing the scripts, and then importing the AddOns again. If we see errors importing those AddOns then, we would have confirmed that the AddOns are causing issue with the those scripts and those AddOn DLL's will likely need to be updated. The developer of those AddOns should be contacted in that case.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM