Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a NinjaScript in NinjaTrader

Hello,
    I would like to be able to use a NinjaScript that I found (linked below). I don't know how to import the NinjaScript N-Leg. Can somebody help me get this working on my computer?
    Thanks in advance.
    Someone (Joost Bruneel) in my Facebook group posted this NinjaScript indicator that helps with visualizing the pullbacks and counting legs. Can someone...

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      Please look at the link, there is no zip file it is just the text for a NinjaScript.

Comment

Hello WeyldFalcon,

Thanks for your reply.

What you would need to do is to copy the text in the window from the very top down to just above this particular line: #region NinjaScript generated code. Neither change nor remove then paste the text into a text file (using the windows notepad editor), save the file as NLegPullback.cs. Next, move the file into Documents>NinjaTrader8>bin>Custom>indicators> once moved you can then use the New>Ninjascript editor, on the right side select indicators folder and locate the NLegPullback and click to open it in the editor. Finally, compile the indicator and correct any errors, if any.

As a courtesy, I have done that process for you this time and created a normal zipped folder, attached below.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>Import>Ninjascript add-on..
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

NLegPullBack.zip
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How long should it take to compile?

Comment

Compile failed had to restart NT8 now when I try to import the zip it gives me the error in the image

Comment

Hello WeyldFalcon ,

Thanks for your reply.

All you would need to do is to download and import the zipped file. It should not take long to import.

Comment

Now when I try to compile again it gives me two errors
                The namespace 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScrit.Indicators' already contains a definition for 'NLegPullback'
                The type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScrit.Indicators.NLegPullback' already contains a definition for 'Side'

Comment

Hmm, well even with everything failing the indicator works. so I guess all is well that ends well.
                  Thank you.
                  Have a wonderful weekend.

Comment

Oh no, when I force quit NT8 all of my workspace changes were lost. *sigh* well there goes today's changes. Wait autosave, checking. Hmm why do I only see backups from yesterday not today?

Comment

Hello WeyldFalcon,

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like you posted about a compile error before my post #7 was actually applied which was at the end of my day.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
                      • Open NinjaTrader
                      • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
                      • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
                      • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
                      • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                      Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes