Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Stuck on "Calculating" then Crashes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Stuck on "Calculating" then Crashes...

Hello,

Out of the blue when loading a Chart it takes awhile to load the indicators which are stuck on "Calculating" and when I load a Strategy and enable it the chart crashes and freezes.. I can quit the program but the chart freezes up...

Thanks
    Michael

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for creating your post with these details.

The performance when NinjaTrader is loading a workspace or opening a chart can be attributed to the processing of historical data and the platform performing the calculations of the workspace or chart that is opened. After the workspace or chart has loaded and all the historical data has been processed, the performance is primarily affected the real-time data being processed and calculated.

You can experience unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened when opening a workspace or chart and after the workspace loads and this can depend on market volatility as well.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to these symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    Here is a link with additional information on this topic: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...izationMonitor

Additionally, it can also help to rebuild the workspace, or chart, adding one item at a time to isolate and determine which items are causing the behavior to occur. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below which you can apply when creating your charts or workspaces on the platform:

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at platformsupport(at)ninjatader(dot)com for additional assistance or if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

I encountered similar problems and it is quite variable even during the weekend.
      NT-8 hangup on me.
      I will do time frame change, reloading a ninjascript, adding an indicator.
      A chart or few will just stop and NT8 is lost.
      The only way to get going is to CTRL-ALT-Del and end NT8 task.
      I even left NT-8 running overnight without success.

This my major issue with NT8.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrendanC View Post
        Hello Mykro,

Thank you for creating your post with these details.

The performance when NinjaTrader is loading a workspace or opening a chart can be attributed to the processing of historical data and the platform performing the calculations of the workspace or chart that is opened. After the workspace or chart has loaded and all the historical data has been processed, the performance is primarily affected the real-time data being processed and calculated.

You can experience unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened when opening a workspace or chart and after the workspace loads and this can depend on market volatility as well.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to these symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
        • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
        • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
        • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
        Here is a link with additional information on this topic: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...izationMonitor

Additionally, it can also help to rebuild the workspace, or chart, adding one item at a time to isolate and determine which items are causing the behavior to occur. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below which you can apply when creating your charts or workspaces on the platform:

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at platformsupport(at)ninjatader(dot)com for additional assistance or if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries.
        Brenden,

I've done everything you suggested... and thensome. NT8 is bogging down somehow from something else is my guess...

This has happened before.. more then once... Usually a fresh install of NT8 helps this problem, based on my experience anyway...

Thanks Michael

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        171 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes