Delete old trading accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete old trading accounts

Hello, I have several accounts in ninjatrader 8 that I do not use and they bother me, can you tell me how to delete all of them and keep only the sim?
    Thanks in advance.

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for your note.

You can remove any previously created accounts in the platform by navigating to Connections > Configure > select any account on the bottom left panel and then select Remove.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello and thanks for answering. They keep coming out, I have the name of the accounts where the accounts of the different brokers I have had appear. I have a program that every time I enter it asks me which of the 15 accounts I have I want to connect to.
      Do you know if there is a file that has all the names so that you can delete them all?
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for your note.

I am not familiar with a program that does this, it may be best to contact the vendor of this program for the most accurate information. The database file may contain references to these old accounts, I would also suggest a database reset.

To reset the database, please follow the steps below:
        • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Connections > Disconnect
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
        • Press "Reset DB"
        • Check Historical Orders to remove historical orders
        • Check Historical Trades to remove historical trades
        • Press the "Reset" button
        Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

It doesn't work for me, thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Does the same persist if you rename your database?
            • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
            • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
            • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
            • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
            • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
            Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now it did not seem so difficult ... it is what I asked from the beginning, thank you for your work.
              I would like to ask you what exactly is missing? I have not noticed anything.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I could not say for sure what may be missing as I do not have access to further details about your installation.

It may not be that anything was missing, but instead that a part of the database became corrupt. Databases, like other files stored on your PC, may become corrupt for a number of reasons, including other programs using them at the same time or shutting down your PC without properly closing NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
                Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes