Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 does not boot on three different PCs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 does not boot on three different PCs.

I am in Belarus. Our government has turned off the external Internet. At the moment I am connected via "Psiphon 3". I am trying to start NT8 but I get the error. I am trying to run on three different pc. The error is the same:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1113564

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1113565

This is what the trace files contain:

Name:	Screenshot_6.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1113567
    2020-08-10 08:49:27:439 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2020-08-10 08:49:27:440 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2020-08-10 08:49:27:456 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NinjaTrader.Server.HdsClient.DownloadInfoFromServe r(Action`2 callback, Func`3 syncStartupInfoCallback, StartupInfoType onDemandInfoType, OnDemandUpdateOptions demandUpdateOptions, String system)
    at NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.<>c.<ApplicationStart>b__ 70_4(Object o)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCal lback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback()
    Attached Files

Hello,
    ;
    Thanks for your post.

The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. This usually happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jeronymite  
    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes