Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty chart

Hi,

I am using NinjaTrader 8.0.21.1 64-bit and I get an empty chart when I try to load my trading instrument (YM 09-20). It's weird, because I receive the data feed correctly in T & S, any idea what could cause this issue?

Thank you

Hello amaltais,

Thank you for creating your post with these details today.

If you are trying to access a chart with the YM 09-20 futures instrument selected as the instrument, you will need to ensure you are connected to a data provider that offers data for that futures instrument. While some data providers will provide data for some instruments, they may not offer data for other types of instruments. Here is a link to our help guide that goes over the different data providers, and the types of instruments they offer data for: NinjaTrader data by provider

Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures data from CQG:As a final side note, I notice you are using an older version of the platform when we have recently released an updated version that is available. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance or if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

I updated to 8.0.22.2 64-bit and I still have the issue... I mentioned that T & S shows the data feed, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that rule out a connectivity issue to my data provider? I am trading without any problems on my other desktop with this data provider with NT8, my problem is specific to my laptop.

Thank you

Comment

Hello amaltais,

Thank you for your response with these details.

So we can accurately assist you with this behavior, please answer the following clarifying questions:
        • Who is your data provider, you mention T & S, but that is not a data provider listed on the available data providers, so I am unfamiliar with who exactly you are referring to or using as the data provider. Can you please clarify?
        • Who are you connected to on your other desktop with NinjaTrader 8? Is it the same data provider you are connected to on the laptop?
        I look forward to hearing your response to further assist.

Comment

T&S is the NinjaTrader tool that shows the tick by tick data, I think it means Time and Sales. It shows every transaction that happens in real time, so it requires the data feed. This tool works well, i.e. I see every YM 09-20 transaction in real time, so I'm thinking there is no issue with my data provider. My data provider is Ironbeam, my introducing broker is GFF Brokers, I have a continuum account with them. It's the same continuum account that I use on desktop and laptop.

Edit: I think technically my data provider is Continuum, my introducing broker is GFF Brokers and my orders are ultimately placed with Ironbeam, anyway I think you get the gist of it.

Thank you
          Last edited by amaltais; 08-10-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hello amaltais,

Thank you for your response with these clarifying details, my apologies for misunderstanding what you were referring to exactly.

You are correct in that you should be able to access this data seeing as though your account connection provides that data on your desktop. Additionally, seeing as though you mention your Time and Sales window is showing data, the issue may be in the particular chart you are trying to load. If you open a brand new, blank YM 09-20 chart while connected to your data provider, do you find the behavior continues and you are unable to receive data? If you are able to receive data when opening a new chart, it is likely the specific chart was not populating with the new, incoming data.

However, if you are still unable to receive the live data, I would like to further assist you with this matter. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred:
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2691171 ATTN Brendan
            Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries or for additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            171 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
            Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Irukandji