Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy getting out of sync

Hello,

My strategy is enabled and there is no connection loss or any new log that been created, and my strategy keeps getting out of sync (Sync: False) and I need to disable and re enable the strategy to make her re start. Today I lost 2 trades because of that.

BR

Hello fafichuli,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.

The Sync column simply shows if the strategy position is the same as the account position at that time.

Are you placing any manual trades on the same account and instrument or do you have more that 1 strategy running on the same instrument/account? Each strategy instance has a virtual position separate from the real account position which is what the sync reports. That may or may not report true depending on what you are doing at the time and if the strategy currently matches what the actual account position is. If you place manual trades or if you have other strategies that place trades on the same instrument those would be cases where this strategy does not know about those orders to be in sync so it would report false.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jesse,

I didn't touched nothing (no manual trades or any changes made, and only one strategy is enabled in the live account), the strategy running since the start of the day and everything worked perfectly but there was 5 entery and exit points (or 3 trades) that it was ignored from them.

Comment

Images attached

Comment

Hello fafichuli,

If you compare your live account statement do you see more or less trades than the strategy had placed in realtime during that time? The account sync column would indicate a difference in position, the specific definition is: Compares the strategy position to the current real-world account position relative to the configured instrument. A value of true indicates the strategy position is currently in sync with the account position

If for any reason the account had a change on it that the strategy did not produce it would not be in sync.

I could otherwise suggest to test this using the Sim101 account or the Playback connection to see if you can reproduce this happening, if so that would be helpful to better understand what is happening there.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
            Hello fafichuli,

If you compare your live account statement do you see more or less trades than the strategy had placed in realtime during that time? The account sync column would indicate a difference in position, the specific definition is: Compares the strategy position to the current real-world account position relative to the configured instrument. A value of true indicates the strategy position is currently in sync with the account position

If for any reason the account had a change on it that the strategy did not produce it would not be in sync.

I could otherwise suggest to test this using the Sim101 account or the Playback connection to see if you can reproduce this happening, if so that would be helpful to better understand what is happening there.

If you compare your live account statement do you see more or less trades than the strategy had placed in realtime during that time? YES
            When I noticed that its missed 4 trades, I saw in the Strategies window that the strategy is enabled but under the Sync column it was FALSE
            I just run the strategy in playback and the 4 trades that got missed in the live account worked in the playback.

Comment

And for the first question: "If you compare your live account statement do you see more or less trades than the strategy had placed in realtime during that time? "
              I meant Yes, I saw less trades in my live account than the strategy had placed in the Chart

Comment

Hello fafichuli,

I meant Yes, I saw less trades in my live account than the strategy had placed in the Chart
                Are you including the strategies historical trades at all or did you view the realtime performance report specifically? The sync would start from the starting of realtime when the strategy is in sync with the account so only realtime trades are included with that. In the strategies realtime performance report do you see different trades than the live account statement?

Are you seeing any log information in the control center log pertaining to the times for when the missing orders should have been placed such as warnings or rejections?

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                  Hello fafichuli,

Are you including the strategies historical trades at all or did you view the realtime performance report specifically? The sync would start from the starting of realtime when the strategy is in sync with the account so only realtime trades are included with that. In the strategies realtime performance report do you see different trades than the live account statement?

Are you seeing any log information in the control center log pertaining to the times for when the missing orders should have been placed such as warnings or rejections?

I can't see the realtime performance because I restarted the strategy as soon I noticed the dead time frame.
                  And I attached log file screen shot there was no errors or rejections in the dead time frame that missed the 4 trades (that is what I don't understand what happened in this dead time frame)

Comment

I run another session of the strategy one on my live account and one on my Sim101 account. First trade was fine and executed in both accounts, the second trade was only execute in the Sim101 account.

Comment

Hello fafichuli,

In your new test test how are you confirming the condition to trade is becoming true for the live account strategy at that time? Are you using Prints or just visually comparing the two strategies? Adding the Sim101 test will only help if you can confirm that both scripts logically worked the same between tests, that would generally involve using Prints to confirm that the entry condition happened at a specific time or bar.

If you can see by using a Print or other debugging means that the logic was called at the same time but the entry did not get submitted for some reason you could try using TraceOrders to see if the order was ignored or cancelled. You can additionally check in the NinjaScript output window or log to see if anything was noted for the missing trade when TraceOrders is enabled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                      2 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post BarzTrading  
                      Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes