Confirmation of TICK view understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation of TICK view understanding

I realize there are various discussions here that touch on the discrepancies between TICK provided data so apologies if I've overlooked one that thoroughly explains my confusion.
    I've attached a capture of five minutes (between 14:10 and 14:15) of the identical time and underlined (BA) at a 10 TICK feed. Upper chart is Ameritrade within it's native TOS and lower is the Ameritrade feed to NJ.

My assumption/understanding is that Ameritrade is simply not giving as much data as often to NJ therefore rendering a sparsely and slower drawn bar pattern.

What should i expect from Interactive Broker? Would it be much of the same? In relation to equities; would the only solution for detailed, rapid rate TICK based data be to subscribe to Kinetick and only utilize Ameritrade or Interactive Broker for order fulfillment?

If there's some aspect/configuration of TICK data rendering within NJ that I've not setup correctly, please advise and thank you for any help,

L

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Charts between 2 different platforms would not be expected to be 100% the same. We can't confirm what kind of filtering TOS is doing on thier end with the API connection to NinjaTrader.

More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._are_built.htm

There is a known limitation with the API that Interactive Brokers provides. They effectively throttle how much data can be requested which limits what third party applications like NinjaTrader are able to do to mitigate slow loading and may be filtered as well from what they provide on their platforms as well.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post wzgy0920  
    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes