Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mysterious gray shading

Hi,

This is a very minor issue but has been bugging me.

On certain charts, particularly NQ, I get a background shade that is slightly lighter than other securities. For example, if I specifically say "BackBrush = Brushes.Black" I will get black for all the securities except NQ, which comes out as dark gray.

This occurs even when I don't have any indicators, studies etc running on NQ. The only drawing objects are Fibonacci retracements and one horizontal line.

Would you happen to know why this is occurring?

Thank you,

Hello catinabag,

Thanks for your post.

I have attached a simple test script that sets BackBrush to Brushes.Black and I have also attached a screenshot of my results. Please test in a new NQ 09-20 chart ensuring no templates are used and no additional indicators or other NinjaScripts are added. Note that the last bar is not colored if the script is enabled with Calculate.OnBarClose.

Please attach a screenshot if you are getting different results with this test.

Attaching a Screenshot

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to assisting.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks - please see the attached picture. The upper panel is ES, the lower panel is NQ. Both panels are using the BackBrushTest indicator.

You'll notice NQ is slightly lighter than ES.

It is not a huge deal, just a little strange.

Thank you,

Comment

Hello catinabag,

It does look like something additional is overlaid on the NQ chart. I may first suggest confirming we are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (Release 22) which can be referenced in the Control Center under Help > About.

There is a possibility of having another AddOn (which is not added to the chart) attempt to do things with an NQ chart. You could set up a clean environment and we should see the BackBrushTest script works consistently on each panel it is added to.

Clean Environment Test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        3. Test the BackBrushTest indicator on a multi panel chart like you have.
        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

We look forward to assisting.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response