Equity Back testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equity Back testing

Is it possible to Back test Equity with playback like we do with future? 2nd one which data connection provides Renko chart for equity and options? I have IB, in NJ8 blogs I found we can only store the data locally and see Renko after that point of time for that equity. I checked that works but I want a on demand Renko for any equity, is there a Data feed connection which provides this?

Hello Akee5,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you will need to be connected to a data provider that supports real-time and historical tick data (Renko bars are based on tick data) for Stock data in NinjaTrader and record data to playback. To enable the Market Replay Recorder, go Tools> Options> Market Data, Check Enable market recording for playback, and select OK. Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by all of the connectivity providers. Expand the section labeled Understanding the data provided by your connectivity providerYou may also be able to find a third-party vendor to get replay data for Equities that you can import the replay data into NinjaTrader.

I forwarded your inquiry for more data options to the platform sales office to have a colleague assist you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Akee5,
      Thank you for your post.

The supported data-feed providers who would provide historical tick data that is used for Range timeframes would be IQFeed, Kinetick, Barchart or eSignal.

You can view a complete list of our supported data-feed providers below:
      You may review the data provided by each provider below:

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
      12 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DrakeiJosh  
      Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes