Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarketAnalyzerColumn and email results

Hello,

I would like to perform some End-of-Day analysis using the MarketAnalyzer that would scan many symbols and generate an email with a list of the symbols that meet certain criteria. For instance a group of symbols my have initiated buy triggers and another group may have initiated sell triggers.

Can this be coded as a MarketAnalyzerColumn? For instance, the OnMarketData() would be used to evaluate Buy / Sell criteria and when Buy criteria met we update a list (e.g. List<MySymbol> MyBuySymbols). But is there a state event that we can use to generate (using the symbols in MyBuySymbols) an email ?

From a strategy, I believe we could use State == State.Terminated to generate and send the email but does this get called only once upon completing scan of all symbols ?

Additionally, I would only want this to run once, after the close of market.

Any examples available that help with such a solution?

Thanks,

Last edited by tornadoatc; 08-15-2020, 02:00 PM.

Hello tornadoatc,

From your description this may be something that can be coded as a MarketAnalyzerColumn or as an indicator and added to the Market Analyzer.

As far as having multiple instances of a script update a single object, this would not be documented or supported, but may be possible using a static class.

When you want the email sent? When the market analyzer is closing? Or do you want to send when some data is processed?

You could send when the State is DataLoaded or Terminated, but I would expect the would be sent when data is processed.

When the market is closed, no data would be processing. But you could choose to send on the last market updates just before the market closes. Or you could choose to use a timer to trigger the event after the market is closed (and optionally start the timer just before the end of the session).
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    116 responses
    1 like