Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Prior Day OHLC - Possible to have it only plot for 1 day back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior Day OHLC - Possible to have it only plot for 1 day back?

Hi,

I'd love to use the Prior Day OHLC indicator, but only plotting values from the prior day today. I.e., one day back.

If not, my charts are populated with a lot of unwanted lines from prior days.

Is that possible to achieve? Might need some custom coding?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

#johnny, I’m sure Support or another user will step in with a better answer than this, the answer is Yes, can’t recall how or what you are experiencing. What I know - if you use Horizontal Line Style (iirc) you will only get Prior Day. It will however extend backward as well as forward. Given that it extends backward (which isn’t helpful) I’m guessing with other line styles it extends back and gives all historic as stair step. Not at my pc.
    A bit odd - if Current OHL does same, will duplicate.
    Anyhoo, hope horizontal line solves/gives you what you want.
    If not, ignore. Certainly I don’t get Prior farther back than yesterday.
    rgds

Comment

Hi, Bruce,

Thanks.

I did check the Horizontal Style and you're right. With that one I only have one day plotting.

I would prefer to not have a continuous line like that though.

For the other plot styles I get Prior Days for all days in the dataset.

Best regards,

Johnny

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

Unfortunately, this type of functionality is not available by default and would need to be custom coded. There may be a custom indicator available from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem that would suit your needs:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#johnny - I too would like the option not to display the lines backward. In fact, imho that should be the default dot it to be fit for purpose.

Regrettably the Ninja response is all too familiar - we are talking about a component which is standard platform functionality and does not operate in a fit for purpose manner.
          The response is that the beauty of NT is that you can code it yourself in C#. I don’t want to have to code ANYTHING in any language for simple functionality. What/who is NT for, trading or coders?
          And if that is beyond your capabilities you can go and pay one of our ‘partners’ (revenue stream) to do so.

The only omission is that the unacceptable way it works is that it is ‘expected behaviour’ because that is how we wrote it.

You could ask for a Feature Request, although I’d suggest the response gives you an indication of Ninja’s appetite to take ownership of such shortcomings themselves

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
            #johnny - I too would like the option not to display the lines backward. In fact, imho that should be the default dot it to be fit for purpose.
            Totally agreed.

Other than for back-testing - why would you have your chart littered with prior OHLC lines?

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
            Regrettably the Ninja response is all too familiar - we are talking about a component which is standard platform functionality and does not operate in a fit for purpose manner.
            The response is that the beauty of NT is that you can code it yourself in C#. I don’t want to have to code ANYTHING in any language for simple functionality. What/who is NT for, trading or coders?
            And if that is beyond your capabilities you can go and pay one of our ‘partners’ (revenue stream) to do so.

The only omission is that the unacceptable way it works is that it is ‘expected behaviour’ because that is how we wrote it.

You could ask for a Feature Request, although I’d suggest the response gives you an indication of Ninja’s appetite to take ownership of such shortcomings themselves
            Yeah. Agreed.

From what I hear, Sierra Charts is very fast implementing feedback from users. Ninjatrader is still not able to offer basic RTH daily/weekl/monthly bars after three years.

Sadly, I'm "married" to Ninja.

I suppose you're not a programmer yourself who could be able to implement this fix?

I've spent a LOT of money developing custom Ninja indicators. Some of them fairly basic.

Comment

#johnny
              "I suppose you're not a programmer yourself who could be able to implement this fix?" - I am afraid not

Comment

I'll let you know if I get it made.

Maybe Ninjatrader surprises us.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM