Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit Order with ATM strategy error

NT support,

I’ve right clicking on my charts to place a limit order, which once triggered starts my ATM strategy with a stop market order and limit profit target. But just today I cannot get NT8 do it. I can if I place a market order on the DOM or Limit Order directly from the DOM, but it doesn’t work if I right click on my charts.

I’m sure its a simple fix but I can’t seem to find a solution online or through trial and error. Happy to provide any additional info if needed!

Hello,

To trade from the chart you'll need to have chart trader turned on, which you can enable from the chart toolbar along the top border of the chart window:

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan, thanks for the speedy reply. I should have added in my OP I already have chart trader on the chart, which is why it’s a weird. The chart trader still shows a limit order has been placed but doesn’t trigger my ATM strategy if I place the order through chart trader, but does if I manually do it on the DOM.

Comment

Hello,

Can I confirm you have an ATM strategy selected in the chart trader interface? If you place an order on the superdom, do the orders appear on the chart as expected?
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yep, I have the strategy selected on both the superdom and chart trader. During today's RTH I noticed it working about 60% of the time. Additionally, I did notice that it does not work if (on an active order) I reverse the order at the moment or at a stop/target.

Comment

If you're referring to using the REV button or interacting with ATM orders/positions in general, it is very important what exactly is selected in the ATM control list when you perform those actions. For example. if only a template is selected but not the active strategy when you use REV, I would expect the new position to be opened without any ATM strategy. Here is a short video demonstration of what I am referring to:A brief description of the setting which controls the default behavior of the ATM Control List is outlined here:The behavior as you're describing it is very unexpected if the above explanation doesn't determine the 'partial functioning' of the ATM strategies being applied to your entry orders. I'd like for you to send me your diagnostic files for further investigation. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2701720 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Handclap0241