Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing quantity

hello
    i got this strategy from the ecosystem strategies for ninjatrader and I could not figure out how to change the quantity from 100 to 1. can you help me in that? attached is what I imported.
    Attached Files

We would not be the experts on configuration of a custom NinjaScript strategy. If there is not an obvious 'quantity' or 'entries per direction' field for configuration, I suggest that you contact the developer of the strategy directly for information on how to configure the strategy that they built.

Comment

that is not a reply I expect from the support. it is on the ninjatrader ecosystem website
      https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ase-on-volume/

and it was done by one of the support guys called paul.
      NinjaTrader_Paul

and I am not asking to do anything except guide me on how to change the quantity. if you can get me in touch with paul maybe he would have a better answer.

Comment

Hello babouin77,

It looks like the file in question has hard coded quantities, if you wanted to change it you would need to edit the file. You can change where it has 100 in the file to other amounts and recompile.

Code:
        EnterShort([B]100[/B]
        Just as a heads up most of the content on the user app share was not created by our support team however in some cases a support members name may be listed as we may have aided in converting the NT7 script to NT8 during the beta phase. Here is the NT7 script and original author of this item: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ase-on-volume/

As this was created by another user originally it may work differently than other scripts or how you expect. In some cases you will need to look at the code from what you imported to get an idea of how to go about the question at hand or in this case control the quantity. Because it has hard coded quantities you won't be able to set a quantity in the user interface, you would have to reprogram the script to use a new quantity.

You can read more about the strategy order methods being used in this file in the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you for your answer. i found it and fixed it. that is the help i needed. thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          0 responses