Any Body out there who knowshow to connect TDA account to Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Body out there who knowshow to connect TDA account to Ninja Trader

I am asking, people who have been successful in connecting Ninja Trader to TD Ameritrade.
    And how to connect TD Ameritrade live data to Ninja Trader ?
    What are the steps to get live feed, what are the requirements .?
    Anybody, is it possible ?

Hello rene69851,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. You will need to contact TD to ensure the account is allowed to connect with NinjaTrader and for the needed login details. With the login, you will be able to create the data feed connection in NinjaTrader, which will then allow charts and other features to request data from TD.

In NinjaTrader 8, go to the Control Center > Connections menu > select Configure to create a connection.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TD Ameritrade as well as specific connection configuration information:
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I connect to TDA feeds but only Equiteis, probably there is somebody out there who know how to connect Futures and Currency feeds. I have read in forums that you could connect Futures and Currency feeds by using some API files. If for example I get data feeds for outside provider, My question is could I used this data feeds to transact Futures in TDA, does any body there have done it.

Comment

Hello rene69851,

Thank you for your note.

Please note that the TD Ameritrade API does not provide data for Futures to NinjaTrader, they only provide data for Equities and Indexes.

For more information on what providers offer what data, please visit the link below:

Feel free to write in if you need any additional assitance.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When trying to connect to TD Ameritrde I get the following error message. The WebSocket protocol is not supported on this platform. Logon faild.

Comment

Hello CactusMo,

Are you using NinjaTrader 7 or Windows 7?

Windows 7 does not support the Websocket protocol which is needed to connect to TD Ameritrade's updated API.

Additionally, effective January 1st, 2020, TD Ameritrade no longer supports the version of their external connection API that NinjaTrader 7 uses to connect to TD Ameritrade accounts. Since that's the fundamental technology that allows these account connections to function for data and trading, TD Ameritrade connections will no longer function in NinjaTrader 7. This means all users connecting through TD Ameritrade must upgrade to NinjaTrader 8 or use alternate connections to avoid a lapse in service. More information can be found in the link below:
            You can download the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 here.

However, when NinjaTrader 8 is launched for the first time on a PC that NinjaTrader 7 is already installed on, you would be prompted to migrate some (but not all) of your items to the new version to make upgrading a smoother process. Workspaces and templates would not be included in this migration process, so you'd need to recreate these manually in the new version. Custom NinjaScript items would need to be converted for use with NinjaTrader 8, but the vendor of your custom add-on's may already have updated versions of their products for NinjaTrader 8. You can learn more about what will and will not migrate to NinjaTrader 8 in the link below:
            Otherwise, no end date for support of NinjaTrader 7 has been scheduled. This will be dynamic based on client usage and connection technology API support. For comparison, NinjaTrader 6.5 was supported for an additional 5 years following the release of NinjaTrader 7. This and many other common questions are answered in the NinjaTrader 8 FAQ.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

I am using NinjaTrade 8. I have Windows 7 platform. I read through your input, but see nothing regarding NinjaTrader 8 on Windows 7 platform to address the error: he WebSocket protocol is not supported on this platform. Logon faild.
              I may have just missed your fix or recommendation.

Comment

Hello CactusMo,

Thank you for your reply.

The TD Ameritrade APUI has been updated to use the Websocket protocol which is not supported on the Windows 7 Operating system. as such NinjaTrader 8 is no longer supported on Windows 7, if you'd like to use NinjaTrader 8 to connect to TD Ameritrade, you'll need to upgrade your PC to Windows 8 or higher.

Additionally please note that Windows 7 has additionally been sunsetted by Microsoft and is no longer supported by them.

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005
                by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM