Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to do a far zoom out without changing timeframe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to do a far zoom out without changing timeframe?

Hi,
    I'm currently using 1minute charts, so it appear to have a zoom out limit for just 1 day. All other applications that I use I can see 1 month.
    I thought it was a days to load setting, but I'm already with 90 days to load.
    How can I zoom out for more days? Is this a software limitation?
    Best Rgds.

Hello Edrvs,

Thank you for reaching out to us with these details today.

Based on your description, it sounds as if you are trying to adjust the horizontal scaling of the chart. This will compress or decompress the horizontal axis of the chart, so it would allow you to increase the amount of days or bars that are set to be seen in your chart. Please note that the number of days to load will ultimately control how many days of historical data are included with the chart.

To compress or decompress the horizontal axis, left mouse click in the x-axis margin and move the mouse cursor to the left or right. Alternatively, use the Hot Keys CTRL + Up and CTRL + Down.

Here is a link with additional information on this topic: Navigating a Chart

Do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

Hello Brendan,
      Yes, I'm talking about the horizontal axis. See attached the maximum compression (zoom out) that I can do.
      Note that I already have 90 days to load setting. I changed it to 30 days, but the zoom limit remains the same.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Edrvs,

Thank you for updating your post with these details.

Unfortunately this would be a limitation of the platform as it would be unable to condense this data further. What would be needed to display additional days of data is either a larger chart window itself, or using an interval that is at a larger value than 1 min. This is a limitation of how the platform is able to condense the data and display on the chart.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us once more for additional questions or any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

There are many third party vendor charts that can zoom out far greater than this, why are the default charts limited like that?

Comment

Hello rbeckmann05,

Thank you very much for your post.

By design, each candle needs to have at least a 1-pixel width when zooming out. Zooming out further is not currently possible with default charts as this would require candles to be removed/hidden and no longer displayed on your chart.

This was an intentional design decision to ensure that all requested candles are always displayed. To display more data, please change the timeframe the candles cover.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes