OrderFlow+ suite functionality with Equity trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrderFlow+ suite functionality with Equity trading

Can someone please clarify whether the OrderFlow+ suite works with equity/stock instruments ?

I have a multi broker license and wanted to link my equity account on IB to ninjatrader; along with futures; and use it as my equity day trading tool.

Thanks

Hello DeltaTraderX,

Thank you for your note.

The Order Flow + Suite requires a Lifetime License Key in order to be enabled.

If you have a Multi-Broker Live License Key you would be enabled to use the Order Flow + Suite.

Interactive Brokers does not provide NinjaTrader with historical tick data or Bid/Ask Stamped Tick Data which are both critical to fully use the Order Flow + functionality.

I have provided links to the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide that shows the data Interactive Brokers supports as well as links to each of the Order Flow + Help Guide pages.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...etric_bars.htm
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tive_delta.htm
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._flow_vwap.htm
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...me_profile.htm
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...e_detector.htm
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._depth_map.htm

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Jermaine S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry should have clarified that I have a "lifetime" multibroker license. Currently i'm using orderflow+ on my futures trades.

Looking into the documents it seems that the Market Depth Map does not work with Equity instruments. Is this still the case with the new NT8 build? Does having historical tick data or Bid/Ask Stamped Tick Data rectify this issue?

Comment

Hello DeltaTraderX,

Thank you for your reply,

Equities are not supported by the Order Flow Market Depth Map indicator due to Equities using multiple Market Makers. I am able to submit this as a Feature Request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

So i found an earlier post on a similar topic. It seems that the SuperDOM also does not support L2 for equity markets.

I'm not sure why the L2 window's summary graph logic results cannot be reused for this purpose.

Bids and asks do get added up at various prices from different market makers there.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	levelii_window.png
Views:	507
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1114793

Also this half baked functionality was identified back in 2017. How long will it take to get this feature request out ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello DeltaTraderX,

Thank you for your reply,

I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Has this feature request been introduced?

Also, I use kinetick level II and there are two annoying issues that i hope can be resolved.
              1. Differences between order flow - Depth map and level II window
              2. Depth map only updates on each tick. Not when the actual orders change.
              Last edited by maxwellspi; 09-16-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5061. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thank you again for your patience.
                Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just checking in. Will this request be implemented in the next release/patch for NT8?

Also i`m not sure if treating this as a "feature request" is the correct thing to do here; as there are tons of feature request and most of them are never implemented. The missing functionality pointed out here is VERY basic for any DOM and Market Depth Map is a paid licensed feature which doesn't work on equity instruments. This should be treated with a higher priority.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, DeltaTraderX.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                    • Feasibility
                    • Developer bandwidth
                    • Current projects in the queue
                    • Economics
                    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented..

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm a software engineer myself and I'm familiar with the feature release cycle which happens to be the same in every software company.

That being said this is a not a "NEW" feature request but rather a half baked functionality issue. The fact that the logic required to calculate bids and asks from different market makers exists in the NT8 Level II window and is not being used in the DOM and the Market Depth Map is completely unjustified.
                      Also this issue has been known for a while now (3 years! ).

Comment

Viewing level II equity data in certain NinjaTrader windows is a known limitation that exists in NinjaTrader 8 as well as NinjaTrader 7 - Basically, it has always been a fundamental issue in the way that equities data differs from futures data. NinjaTrader was created as a futures trading tool and futures is still our primary asset class on the whole. Any 'downstream' features using level II data like Order Flow Market Depth Map are all affected, as you've noticed.

Comment

I agree that L2 data from equity is different from futures but bid/ask data is being correctly calculated and displayed in Level II widow.
                          It baffles me why NT8; being built on C# which provides full support for object-oriented programming; can't reuse this logic in the DOM and market depth indicator.

Upgrading to a multibroker license is a waste for me if i can't use these features for equity trading.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

SFT-5061 has not been implemented. You'll find a note regarding the feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post maybeimnotrader