Question on stoplimit orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on stoplimit orders

Does the combination get stored in the exchange and limit order enters order queue immediately on first trade at stop price, or stored at a server near the exchange and send in limit when stop is hit, or just on my computer and my pc send in the limit when the stop gets hit? Obviously first possibility is fastest, best fill. Just hope to know for sure how it works. Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

When trading with a live account, where your orders reside would depend on the brokerage technology you are using:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-ninjatrader-7

Typically the Stop loss and Profit targets are stored on the exchange servers and you can shut down NinjaTrader and they will still exist on the servers. However, if you are running an ATM strategy that modifies these trades such as an Auto Trail function on the Stop loss, NinjaTrader would need to be connected in order for it to submit these updates to the orders, and would advise always leaving NinjaTrader open when running an ATM Strategy.

With Sim101 orders, since there is no real brokerage applied to simulated orders, NinjaTrader would need to be open to process such an order.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      For a live account and with StopLimit ordertype specifically, is the limit component stored on the exchange with the stop trigger? Or does my PC needs to send in the limit buy once it recognize the stop trigger?

Comment

Hello,

Orders in a accepted/working state reside with your broker, and will execute regardless of the platform being connected or not.
        Below is further information on where your orders reside depending on your broker:

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I assume that most exchanges do not natively support StopLimit ordertype?
          Last edited by xxzbill; 10-19-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hello,

For more information about what order types are supported at an exchange, please contact either your broker or the exchange for the most accurate information regarding your orders.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
            Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rocketman7  
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes