Price Marker Color for Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Marker Color for Indicators

I have multiple EMAs, each set to plot using a different color. Since I see no way to separately set their price marker colors, I assumed that the price markers would default to the same color that I set for the plot. However, the price markers for all of the EMAs display using the default color set for the data series, instead of their respective plot colors.
    Any way to fix this, so that the price marker color matches what is set for the plot?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I do not see this functionality on my end, the marker represents the same color as the plot.

I suspect there may be a chart template you are using that may be overriding this setting. Can you try the same on a new chart with the <None> chart template selection made in the Data Series window when creating the new chart?

I look forward to your reply.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Marco!
      You are correct. I'll rebuild the template from scratch and I should be OK.

Comment

Hello,

Just an FYI after seeing this "problem" again. It turns out that it was not a template issue, but a user issue.

This is actually the default behavior of charts when you scroll left to view historical data. And when you scroll back to the right edge, the applicable plot colors are restored to the indicator price markers. So this behavior appears to be by design, either as a "feature" to indicate that the active price bar is no longer visible, or as a "limitation" with applying price marker plot color when historical price bars are at the right edge. Either way, I'm OK with the current implementation.

Sorry I didn't notice the restoration of plot color, before I reported this as a problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gentlebenthebear  
        Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion