Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How To Make A Pending Order (Fill only On Price Hit ) Wherever i place it .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Make A Pending Order (Fill only On Price Hit ) Wherever i place it .

Hello Guys , a newbie question here , with small effort i finally understood how limit orders work . basically when the price is better than the placed one on a long entry for example the order will be filled automatically . but on one of my strategy , i dont want this to happen .

What i want is even if the price is worse, i mean on a long for example , if the price where i want to place the pending order is higher than the current price . i dont want the order to fill automatically ( even if its not on my advantage ) .

basically i want to place pending orders ( long/short ) . that dont fill at any case other than when this price get hit . thats it .

is that possible ? if yes please show me clearly how to do because im a real newbie . keep in mind that when the order get filled i still want to use my custom atm normally .

Looking forward hearing back .

Hello JobDjassem,

Thanks for writing in.

To have an order to fill only at the specified price using an ATM strategy, you will need to enable 'Stop limit for stop loss' in the Custom Strategy Parameters. When enabled, this will cause Stop Limit orders to be used for stop losses (default is unchecked, so Stop Market used).

Click image for larger version

Name:	0821202709041.png
Views:	865
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1114973

Here is the ATM Advanced options section of the help guide for reference -

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Giovanna View Post
      Hello JobDjassem,

Thanks for writing in.

To have an order to fill only at the specified price using an ATM strategy, you will need to enable 'Stop limit for stop loss' in the Custom Strategy Parameters. When enabled, this will cause Stop Limit orders to be used for stop losses (default is unchecked, so Stop Market used).

Click image for larger version

Name:	0821202709041.png
Views:	865
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1114973

Here is the ATM Advanced options section of the help guide for reference -
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ed_options.htm

Hello thanks a lot for the reply , but im really sorry but this has nothing to do with my question , let me give you another example lets say im on the superdom . and i place a buy order higher then the current price the order is still being filled automatically . and i dont want this to happen . i want the order to start only when the price hit the one where i placed my order .

example current price 1950 ,
      i place buy order on 1955

now the order is filled instantly , i dont want this , i want the order to be filled only when the price hit 1955 . ( i know it may be against me , but this is what i want ) .

i dont want the order to fill instantly , i want it to fill only when it hit the price where i placed the buy order . ( wherever , higher or lower , better or worse for me )

thanks again in advance for the reply

Comment

Hello JobDjassem,

Thanks for the reply.

My apologies, I misunderstood your question. I appreciate you providing a specific example.

If I am understanding correctly, you are wanting to place a long trade that is above market and it should only fill once the specified price is reached.

In the SuperDom, this can be done by either placing a Stop-Market or a Stop-Limit order.

To submit a stop-market order, select either the Buy column for buy orders or the Sell column for sell orders and press down on your
        middle mouse button (scroll wheel) while holding the CTRL key down in the cell that corresponds to the price you wish the stop-market order to be submitted at.

To submit a stop-limit order, select either the Buy column for buy orders or the Sell column for sell orders and press down on your middle mouse button (scroll wheel) in the cell that corresponds to the price you wish the stop limit order to be submitted at.

Help guide reference -

I hope this helps.

Comment

Oh thanks a lot this is exactly what i was looking for ! but can i ask you please whats the main diffirence between them ? Stop-Market and Stop-Limit order.

also another question so basically this can be placed only on the superdom ? not in the chart trader ?

Comment

Hello JobDjassem,

Thanks for your reply.

A Stop -Market order is a basic order type which issues a market order once a specified price has been reached, known as the stop price. Once the stop price has been touched or surpassed, the stop market order becomes a market order and will execute at the best possible price. Keep in mind that in fast moving markets, the best possible price might be much different than expected.

Stop-limit orders act as a hybrid between stop market orders and limit orders. These orders are executed at a specific price or better after a stop price is reached. This means that a trader must define a stop price as well as the limit value.

Stop-limit orders provide traders with greater control over order entry, but since there is a limit value involved, the orders are not guaranteed to be executed. While this can help traders avoid whip-saw market moves causing what’s known as slippage, it’s important to know these orders are not guaranteed to fill especially when used in exiting a trade.

I have linked a couple of articles on the subject of order types for reference—

https://ninjatrader.com/blog/3-basic...pes-explained/

https://ninjatrader.com/blog/stop-lo...r-type-to-use/

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238
            by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            1 response
            0 likes