Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Nt8, won’t start offline, only online, and says “unhandled exception:...” please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt8, won’t start offline, only online, and says “unhandled exception:...” please help

Hello,
    having recently as today (8/22) downloaded the platform a second time, with demo status, it will not allow the program to begin when offline. It reads, “unhandled exception: object reference not set to an instance of an object”. It does however work when online. No real work has been done on the platform yet, so no changes were made on my part. The CGQ free data was signed into upon the first initial running of the program. The charts opened without issue. So...? Could you please help resolve this issue? Internet is not always available for me, and it seems like it should be working anyway.

From reading other posts it unfortunately looks like that particular error is relatively generic and maybe not much information pointing to the issue.

In case it helps , the computer is essentially new, and hasn’t yet been used for any other programs other than installations of basic stuff. Windows 10 pro. The nt8 program is 64bit.

Has this been a common issue? Anyone else having problems?

also... there is another pop up message with ok button just preceding the topic error, but it’s there even when online and has been when using ninja in the past without any prohibitive issue, the one about “Ninja is having problems connecting to its license servers....” (and FYI the apostrophe on “it” should before the s in that error . Itsis not a big deal though. Itsis itsis
    thanks
    Last edited by humbleb; 08-22-2020, 09:58 PM.

it probably some in your computer systems that requires deleting the nt8 cache and re-installing software again, i just logged into Ninjatrader 8 64 bit windows,placed on sim mode and crypto as datafeed , its working. I am not coding or testing any thing major right now.
    Last edited by Emma1; 08-22-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Hello Emma1 and others,
      if clearing the cache means deleting the one file in the dB file then that’s done, but still no changes as soon as it’s signed off it won’t allow connection when offline and shows the same error.
      thanks

Comment

Probably re-install NT and live data for trading and programmng. NT can only work properly on online.
        Last edited by Emma1; 08-23-2020, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks,
          Yeah I tried that. Anyone from technical support on here please?
          thanks

Comment

Hello humbleb,

Thanks for your post.

I responded to the email you sent to Platform Support regarding this item with further information.
            Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I have a question/ concern, but first it should be mentioned that for the issue in this thread they said they are working in a software fix for it.
              with that said, they wanted to remotely access my computer and sent a link in email for teamviewer . The concern is that when I click on it it downloads NTsupport file and ask if I want it to make changes to my computer. However the license given shows it was only valid from 2014 to 2017. so I clicked no and it began the program anyway. There is no sign of it in the windows 10 app list and it’s not in program files.
              when I asked support about it they said teamviewer is having some outages right now. But that didn’t answer the concern about it being an expired certificate. Granted i don’t know much about it but from what I read that could be a sign of a security issue.

any idea what/ why this is occurring?

thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the note.

If you have concerns about TeamViewer's security certificates, you may wish to reach out to TeamViewer directly for further assistance as they would have more information on this item.

Please feel free to reach out with any further questions you may have.
                Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello again,
                  the certificates from teamviewer directly are all up to date, but the link that reads NTsupport is not.

For a company that deals with people’s financial information seems It should be up to date.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I do not experience the same when downloading TeamViewer from our support link, so I would suspect this error is coming from your local installation.

You may wish to uninstall TeamViewer from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Hello again,
                      Ok well I’m a little freaked out now. Does it not seem odd that isn’t occurring with you also? Did the certificate read 2017 with you also?
                      thanks

Comment

Here are a couple of photos

Comment

So should I be worried? There have been some concerns about that software in the past, especially during the time that certificate is valid. it’s a software that is made and recognized as being for remotely accessing someone’s computer

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and screenshots.

I have confirmed that my version has the same security certificate and have reached out to some colleagues to see if there is any way for that to be updated.

That being said, if you are concerned about these certificates you are certainly free to not use this downloaded version. You could use the version installed through the platform and accessible in the Help->Remote support menu, or download your own version directly from TeamViewer if that makes you more comfortable. Alternatively, our first line of support is always Email so we are always happy to continue to work with you through Email if that makes you more comfortable than a remote support session.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Hello ,
                              ok thank you. Sorry if that was overboard, but my last computer was full of malware and privacy problems. Anyway thanks again.

also is there a part of this site for beginners? Specifically for getting started?

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Hasadafa  
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes