Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly charts (are not weekly!)

Hi,

Can you please comment on this 'weekly ' chart, because, I don't know anywhere where the week begins on a Friday! (the marked candle is Fridays range). Thanks.I'm obviously (as I am sure are others) getting the wrong idea about what a 'week' might be in Ninjatrader land. This is NQ - the chart was produced after the mkt close Friday and uses the default template (<use instrument settings>). Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EgB3dFQWAAEHNc3.png Views:	0 Size:	24.8 KB ID:	1115304
    Last edited by pjsmith; 08-24-2020, 10:23 AM.

When I test on my end, I get a valid weekly bar which is built from daily data for the previous Sunday-Friday period:So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Does the same chart persist if you right-click on the chart and select 'reload all historical data'?

Comment

Hello,
      8.0.22.2 64-bit
      Continuum for data (via ninja trader brokerage)
      Attached is image after 'reload all historical data'. to be honest, I'm not sure if it changed, or not. All I know is, Saturday morning, I am getting a new weekly candle with what seems to be Fridays range in it, per the original char, which made no sense to me, at all. Obviously, time has passed, I cannot re-create the exact circumstances any more, though I will be checking very carefully in future! All this came about as I was marking up weekly ranges - I thought MY figures were wrong as I checked them against NT weekly candles, but no - The candles were wrong!
      Attached Files

Comment

On Saturday, there should be no new data since markets are closed between Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon (assuming a US time zone). I am not sure how you could have been receiving real-time data on Saturday for US futures, however, if you're able to reproduce the circumstance please respond with the steps to reproduce what you've reported.

Comment

Hi - No, I wasn't receiving data Saturday, just working and noticed it then.Data was all downloaded real-time Friday, or from the not historical servers when I started NT on Saturday.

Comment

Then I suspect two things were occurring:
            • The settlement price had not yet been updated for Friday's close
            • The next week's bar had not yet begun to build
            Please respond to this post if you can reproduce this symptom while US markets are open.

Comment

OK, you are probably not reading these on the weekend, but just opened my charts. It's currently 08:43 GMT. All data feeds connected and all data up to date. Data feed is NT continuum. Here is the current _weekly_ chart last few bars of NQ. Note that last bar. That's Friday. I think something is broken with the NT weekly period. I just don't see how this makes any sense. If you can try it on the weekend, I would hope you get the same result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader_uTj303Ix0y.png
Views:	131
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1116068Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader_YxfCi2IhTn.png
Views:	112
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1116069

Comment

You're viewing these charts on Saturday when the markets are closed. Can this be reproduced while US markets are open (Sunday afternoon Central US time)?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cmtjoancolmenero