Trade Performance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance Question

On the Trade Performance window, is there a way to show my total trades for the day? As it is now, it shows the total number of Contracts I traded.
    I always enter and exit my trades with 3 contracts each time, so I would like to know if I can see the number of trades (3 contracts each) that I did.

Hello Newtrader101,

Thanks for posting.

I would expect the Trade Performance to show a multi-contract trade as a single trade in most cases. The main exception would be in the case of a partial fill, since a 'trade' in the report is nothing more than two paired executions. As an example, below is a screenshot I took of my Trade Performance report after making two simulated trades with a quantity of 3. The first one shows one trade with a quantity of 3, but the second one shows three trades with a quantity of 1 because I enabled 'Enforce partial fills' in the Simulator Options before entering this second trade:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	352
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1115388

A partial fill will may cause your Trade Performance report to become out of sync when live trading, in addition to splitting up the trade within the report. For this reason, the Trade Performance report should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. Some other things that can cause the Trade Performance to become out of sync are:

- Holding overnight positions

- Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat

- Using another program to place an order will not show this order in NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.

Below are some links with more information relevant to this:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. All of my trades in the trade window are listed as 1 contract.

Also in the Summery tab, I see that I have "44" trades. Which is not entirely correct seeing that I had 3 contracts each trade. Can I change NT8 to show the number of "Trades" and not the number of contracts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-24 181813.png
Views:	227
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	1115391

Comment

Hello NewTrader101,

Thanks for your reply.

I recommend having a look at the individual executions within the Trades display in Trade Performance in order to get a better understanding of why the number of trades isn't showing exactly as you expect. The execution times and quantities displayed there should help to make it clear what happened.

Below is a link which will help you better understand the Trades display:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#Newtrader101
          What you are asking for was available in NT7 as Group Trades by ATM.
          In the NT7 implementation it had some inconsistencies (NT's habit and practice is to obfuscate, as is occurring here, by referring to such faults as 'expected behaviour')
          I suggest you take a look at this thread https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...de-performance, not provided to you.
          In it you will find a Feature Request SFT-1490. I would ask you to ask for your Vote to be added, as you have not been made aware of this nor invited to do so.
          Not that doing so makes any difference as you will gather from the most recent entry. Doing so keeps it alive and makes the issue and Ninja response transparent and keeps it current.
          If you search the Forum on Trade Performance in both 7 and 8 you will find much more.

Comment

Hello brucerobinson, thank you for this information and link to the thread. I added my vote for this feature request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred