I can't figure out how to place the same type of orders on NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't figure out how to place the same type of orders on NinjaTrader

So, in Thinkorswim I can do the following (please watch a 2 min video)

But how do I do the same exact thing in Ninja Trader?

Hello vixtor,

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
    • Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over ATM Strategy Parameters.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Submitting Orders in Chart Trader.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow, Chris, thank you so very much for your reply.

If I may ask you to specify a bit:

How do I specify MARKET instead of LIMIT on the main order?
      How do I set Link option as TRG for both Profit and Stop Loss?
      How do I set the condition for the order to go in effect only when the price equals or more than X?
      Last edited by vixtor; 08-25-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

If you are submitting a Buy order above the market and Sell below the market when submitting your orders you would select Buy Stop Market and Sell Stop Market.

If you are submitting a Buy order below the market and Sell above the market when submitting your orders you would select Buy MIT and Sell MIT.

Within your ATM Strategy settings you will need to set your Stop Loss and Profit Target which when the entry order is executed the Stop Loss and Profit Target will automatically be submitted at the predefined levels.

There is not an option to set a specific condition of when the entry orders will fill and will be submitted at the price you submit your entry orders at directly.

Comment

I am watching a training vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByIBY8F8_A) on how to place limit orders, and the guy says to use the wheel on my mouse, but it doesn't work for me...
          How do I trigger my OCO to go into an effect when the price reaches X amount? That's really all I need to know.

Comment

Are you using the SuperDOM? If so Limit orders will be submitted using the Left mouse button, a Stop Limit Order will be done using the Middle Mouse Button (scroll wheel) and for a Stop Market Order you will want to use Ctrl+Middle Mouse Button.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Submitting Orders in the SuperDOM.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/superdom.htm

To use OCO you would first right click in the SuperDOM->Enable OCO->Submit your two entry orders->Right click in the SuperDOM->Disable OCO.

Now if either order is executed the other order would automatically be cancelled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes