Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot see strategy listed in Ninjascript Editor but can see it in Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot see strategy listed in Ninjascript Editor but can see it in Strategy Analyzer

I created a strategy in Ninjascript Editor, compiled it and can see it in Strategy Analyzer but it is no longer visible in the Editor. How can I edit and/or delete it?

Hello PN720,

First please try to compile and check if the strategy still shows up, if it does not and now matches then the file is missing on the file system.

You can try looking for the file in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies

If you cannot see it, try using windows to search for the name of your strategy as listed in the analyzer in case the filename differed.

If you used a custom folder please make sure you are looking in the custom folder inside the NinjaScript editor.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,
      It wasn't there in the Strategies folder for some reason so I copied the CS file there and I see it now.

Comment

Hello PN720,

Please make sure to compile after doing that to ensure there is not a duplication, otherwise it sounds like you are all set now.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Hi again,
          So, once I put the CS file into that bin\custom\strategies folder, I was able to see it and edit it again.
          However, when I deleted it from the Editor and recompiled, the strategy is still listed in Strategy Analyzer. I do not see the file in the custom\strategies folder anymore.

Comment

Hello PN720,

Do you also see it listed in the strategies list on a chart? By the description it sounds like you have a duplicate file in your folder that has the same name being set as Name = ""; in the file.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
              Hello PN720,

Do you also see it listed in the strategies list on a chart? By the description it sounds like you have a duplicate file in your folder that has the same name being set as Name = ""; in the file.

Hi yes, I can see the strategy listed in the Chart. I looked at the 2 strategies that I have in Ninjascript editor and neither have the same Name statement.

EDIT: I was finally able to clear it. Somehow, the CS file ended up in the bin\custom\strategies folder again, by itself and once deleted and recompiled, it disappeared.
              Last edited by PN720; 08-31-2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick