Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COT indicator is not showing up

Hi,

I have updated my NinjaTrader 8 to version "8.0.22.2 64-bit". But the COT indicator is not showing up in the list of indicators (downloading of COT data on start is enabled). What could be the reason for the problem?

Regards,

Hello Halmix ,

Thank you for your note.

Glad to assist. This may be due to an error compiling the indicator code. Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicato
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. It turned out that the COT indicator works fine but the German translation is a bit sketchy. It would be better if the indicator's name is "COT" in German translation too.

Comment

I have the same issue. "Download Data at startup" is enabled in Options, I restart NinjaTrader, connect with my feed but ---> as soon as I add the COT indicator I get no lines displayed in the indicator, the panel is blank. When checking Ninjascript editor, I get no error when right-clicking and choosing COMPILE. I have english language in use. How to proceed ?

Comment

Are you also running the interface in non-English language? If true, then change the NinjaTrader interface language to English. Then the indicator will show up. The translations in NJ are sometimes wired.

Comment

what interface are you referring to?

My setting is Ninjatrader8 --> Control Center --> Tools --> Options --> General --> Language = English

what should I do to fix the issue with that COT indicator ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            1 response
            0 likes