How to remove orange line order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove orange line order?

Hello, I have an orange line order on SIM that won't delete itself. Is it possible to remove it from orders?

I was messing around submitting orders through an indicator, and the orange line order was created by submitting a buy stop limit order below the current market price. The order should have been rejected, but instead it is now an orange line on the chart, and on the order Tab on the control center it shows State as "Cancel Pending". It's been like this for a few days now, and the X buttons on both the chart and control center do not do anything.

Every time I exit NT now it shows a warning message that there is 1 active order. How do I remove this erroneous order from SIM?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	1320
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	1116246
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	1386
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	1116245
    Attached Files

Hello backtester831,

Generally if something gets stuck with the sim account you can reset it to clear the order. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account. (This can take longer depending on the size of your database file and your system.)
    1. From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Options> Simulator.
    2. Press the 'Reset' button.
    3. If you do not want to lose your trade data, uncheck the 'Clear history' box (This must be left checked when wanting to remove a stuck sim order)

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the instructions to remove an orange buy order that is "stuck". I have one of these that I am trying to move up to complete a trade. If I use the reset in your instructions, will I lose the sell order it is dependant on? I don't want to cancel the order; I want to increase the buy price to capitalize at a lower profit. Do you know why this got stuck in the first place? So I can avoid this in the future? Thanks!

Comment

Hello Jamdee,

Yes, resetting the sim account will clear all orders on the account.

I couldn't say what may have caused the order to become stuck, if you are following a specific set of steps which leads to a stuck order we could review those steps to see why.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

I am having resolving this same issue. I am unable to implement the instructions from the 1st reply in thread from 8.31.2021. I was still able to enter and exit a sim trade.

Please help me!

Regards Dion

Comment

Hello Burkdizzle,

Can you provide more detail on what you needed assistance with? The purpose of the reply in this thread was to allow for trading by resetting the account due to a stuck order. If you are having other difficulties or the above did not work for you I would suggest opening a new thread for your specific issue.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Yesterday, I entered a trade in sim mode when no ATM was selected and after I closed out of that trade, this sell order in orange came up, which is at the same place I brought long at. With this clarification, should I start a new post or get assistance here?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Burkdizzle,

If the order is now stuck and you cannot modify it and need to remove it you should be able to reset the sim account to do that. The steps in this thread would really only be helpful for clearing a stuck order.

For all other concerns I would suggest making a new thread and also include the specific steps you had used to see the problem happen.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes