Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Start-up and Chart Population

Internet speed is 400Gbs+
    all other programs run fast. My Ameritrade populates quickly and runs smoothly so it's not the real-time status on Ameritrade.
    I have already downloaded and installed the new version trader 8 in case that was the problem. Ninja Trader 8 is still slow and I have had to cancel multiple orders due to badly delayed fills!
    What do I do?

Unfortunately, this is a known symptom with the root cause being on TD Ameritrade's backend. TD Ameritrade is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution, but there is no solution at this time. The most recent estimate TD Ameritrade provided was "mid-July", however, it seems as if the changes they may have introduced have not completely eliminated these symptoms. You can read more about the symptom you're describing and other users data points in this forum thread:

Comment

today I had very annoying TDA connectivity - frequent disconnects and VERY slow chart loading, it could stay in "Loading..." for several minutes. And I have 1 GBit fiber! Restarting NT multiple times did not help.
      So, what I did, I decided to try Kinetick for datafeed. What a difference! All charts are loading now almost instantly (I switch a lot from symbol to symbol, and TDA is slow especially during market hours). Of cause it did not solve a problem with fills reporting, as it still gets routed to TDA, but in terms of charts, Kinetick helped a lot! After that, by the way, TDA connection started working better as well, at least I had not had any disconnects so far.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18