• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split TPO Profile

Click image for larger version

Name:	profile.PNG
Views:	2868
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1116375 How can I split the session profile?

Click image for larger version

Name:	profile.PNG
Views:	3190
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1116374

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

You could create a custom trading hours template that like the ETH starts at the end of the RTH session but ends at the start of the RTH session. You could just make a copy of the CME US Index futures and rename it, then change the "end time" to be 8:30 AM and leave the start time as is. then apply the volume profile twice, once to the RTH hours and the other to your custom trading hours template to show the end of RTH to the beginning of RTH.

Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...urs_window.htm

I've attached an example of trading hours settings I used and two different Volume profiles, the blue is standard RTH using the CMEUS index futures RTH and the orange is a heat map type on the non RTH hours, just to help see the difference.

Please note that the custom template is NOT applied to the chart bars, only to the indicator Order Flow Volume Profile.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah, your TPO profile doesn't split. I am not talking about split sessions for the TPO. I am asking about splitting the TPO by period.

It would be really great if Ninja Trader would be as serious as Investor RT in terms of features and serving their clientele.

Your platform is really user friendly unlike IRT, which is really great, but it's lacking as a complete platform/package.

I understand that the Platform is built for people that can code, but even your volume profile tools are missing levels and key information.

Volume profile is a blend of market profile and auction market theory. Can we get a trader board together to make your platform better? Would you be able to put your Russian contractor back on the job so he can continue working on the profile? Or better yet., may I have a job so I can better improve your platform and drive the company in the direction it should be going for their users?
      The left is your session VP and the right isn’t.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you further clarify what levels and information is missing and how you would prefer to show the volume profile (can you provide a screenshot of such a Volume Profile?) so I can make a feature request on your behalf?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hey pthomas I had to purchase third party software for usable TPO studies. I went with ranchodinero session TPO add-on to NT. Really sucks because when I shelled out the money for a full lifetime license I had assumped the profile tools were industry standard but they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by pthomas View Post
            Yeah, your TPO profile doesn't split. I am not talking about split sessions for the TPO. I am asking about splitting the TPO by period.

It would be really great if Ninja Trader would be as serious as Investor RT in terms of features and serving their clientele.

Your platform is really user friendly unlike IRT, which is really great, but it's lacking as a complete platform/package.

I understand that the Platform is built for people that can code, but even your volume profile tools are missing levels and key information.

Volume profile is a blend of market profile and auction market theory. Can we get a trader board together to make your platform better? Would you be able to put your Russian contractor back on the job so he can continue working on the profile? Or better yet., may I have a job so I can better improve your platform and drive the company in the direction it should be going for their users?
            Is this what you're looking for?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
              Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you further clarify what levels and information is missing and how you would prefer to show the volume profile (can you provide a screenshot of such a Volume Profile?) so I can make a feature request on your behalf?

I look forward to your reply.

What I am asking for is to have your TPO profile split by period. For standard tools, amongst traders, your tools should function flawlessly and be snappy. Pay the money to make the platform quality.
              Yes, I am looking for NT to become a platform for professionals similar to Investor RT. Why isn't NT more focused on keeping up with the competition? I know you folks have lost business to Sierra and Investor RT. It's just a matter of time. Your low commissions are only going so far. If people are worried about a 50 cent commission, they'll hang around here at NT, but the options are better elsewhere.
              My feedback is intended to be constructive. You're targeting the newer trader and not the professional. What I want is for your platform to become more professional and in line with Investor RT and others. I bought my life time multi broker license a long time ago before NT brokerage came around.

NT will be the newbie magnet, but once they learn, they will be going elsewhere because the quality of your tools is lacking for the discretionary trader and are subpar compared to the competition.

The platform is good for execution but needs to be improved in terms of quality of tools and the analytical tools.
              Last edited by pthomas; 09-28-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by butt_toast View Post

Is this what you're looking for?
                Yeah, I bought Rancho's tools. NT needs to up their game.

Comment

Originally posted by pthomas View Post

same issue here. how do you split tpo on rancho?

Comment

Hello pthomas,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyph3r View Post

same issue here. how do you split tpo on rancho?
                      Right click (the profile) > ACME Session TPO > Show Bars

Comment

Right click (the profile) > ACME Session TPO > Show Bars
                        oh sorry, I guess i was ambiguous. i meant split RTH and ETH sessions. i read it's possible, but no where do i see how. thx

Comment

Originally posted by Cyph3r View Post

oh sorry, I guess i was ambiguous. i meant split RTH and ETH sessions. i read it's possible, but no where do i see how. thx
                          I've asked this on here before about the built in TPO and was told to set up a custom ETH session (the default ETH is really ETH+RTH). You can go to tools > trading hours > (click on) CME US Index Futures ETH > copy > change hours and update time.

But even then I think that we'd still not have both split RTH and ETH profiles on the same chart. (for rancho - the in house one should work but then you have to use their built in one)

I gave up hope asking for this stuff to be corrected when I saw that people have been requesting proper profiles for years on here and the response is always something along the lines of "ok we'll pass this on to our devs" and that they need to gauge the interest people have in correct tools before making changes. I've even gotten rude emails back asking me to code the changes for them lol.

If I had known all this before buying a lifetime license I'd have for sure gone with Sierra.

Comment

I've asked this on here before about the built in TPO and was told to set up a custom ETH session (the default ETH is really ETH+RTH). You can go to tools > trading hours > (click on) CME US Index Futures ETH > copy > change hours and update time.

But even then I think that we'd still not have both split RTH and ETH profiles on the same chart. (for rancho - the in house one should work but then you have to use their built in one)

I gave up hope asking for this stuff to be corrected when I saw that people have been requesting proper profiles for years on here and the response is always something along the lines of "ok we'll pass this on to our devs" and that they need to gauge the interest people have in correct tools before making changes. I've even gotten rude emails back asking me to code the changes for them lol.

If I had known all this before buying a lifetime license I'd have for sure gone with Sierra.

This is depressing - especially the bolded statement. I hope NT reps have some words of wisdom on the issue and that NT actually support profiles - I mean if you can't even separate RTH and ETH, then you don't even really support profiles.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you all for your contributions to the discussion.

It is correct that split profiles are not currently supported in NinjaTrader, and the workaround would be as discussed, using two separate profiles with different Trading Hours applied.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

We will update you as soon as a tracking number is generated for this particular request.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                              Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Perr0Grande  
                              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes