Earn2Trade Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earn2Trade Connection

I had to reset my account yesterday and now I cannot get reconnected with same credentials. When I try to connect the light goes to yellow and stays on yellow. I have tried to replace the connection choosing Rithmic Paper for Chicago but same thing. Earn2Trade states everything is fine and showing I'm connected on their end and to contact NT support. Any ideas? Thanks,

Hello Sisenberg,

Thank you for creating your post with these details today.

If you are experiencing a stuck yellow 'Connecting' light on the platform, this is indicating the connection cannot be fully connected. This can sometimes be caused by antivirus/firewall software as well as not having the connection configured correctly. As a first step to troubleshoot, I would recommend the following:
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    Once you have ensured these steps have been taken, if you are still experiencing the same behavior, I would recommend following the steps listed below to connect with your Earn2Trade account:
    • First, ensure that you have downloaded R|Trader Pro
    • Open R|Trader Pro and enter your credentials into the 'Orders' user ID and password fields and the 'Market Data' user ID and password field
    • Click on 'Allow plug-ins' (the text will be yellow when enabled)
    • Click on 'Login'
    • Now open NinjaTrader, access the Control Center > Connections > Configure
    • Select your Rithmic connection
    • Now copy and paste your username and password exactly as they provided to you in the "Rithmic Connection" and then ensure 'Plug-in mode for market data' is enabled in the connection
    • Select the Rithmic connection under Control Center > Connections to connect.
    If you have followed these steps and are still unable to connect with your data provider, please reach out to us for additional assistance and send your log and trace files. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2727051 ATTN Brendan

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

Hello,

I too am experiencing the same exact issue. Here is what my experience:

- Everyday, I have to try to connect to Earn2trade / Rithmic data connection multiple times. After several attempts and restarting both my NT and my machine, it finally connects. However, I do not experience this issue with my Ninjatrader Brokerage account connecting to Continum data feed
      - I have the same issue even when I was with MES Capital which again used the Rithmic Data feeds. Back then, I had that "plugin" mode enabled on rithmic and i was told by rithmic to first start rithmic and then only start my Ninjatrader. But right now when I start my Ninjatrader after i start my rithmic it says 2nd connection not allowed. So i presume that i am not supposed to start my rithmic trader pro before i start my ninjatrader.

I have also added my Ninjatrader and Rithmic Trader Pro to my Macafee exceptions list. But i was only able to add the .exe files. As stated here, am I supposed to add the Ninjatrader Documents file as well to the anti virus exceptions list? If so, what would be the navigation? I don't see any options for me to add any documents folder to my Mcaffee antivirus software exception list. Please advise. Thank you

Comment

What does this "plugin" mode in Rithmic Trader Pro do? Should it be enabled or disabled if you are with an evaluation account with earn2trade?

Comment

Hello agassi,

Thank you for posting in the forums with these details.

The Plugin mode will allow NinjaTrader to connect through the Rithmic API software R Trader Pro. You should ensure this setting is turned on for both R Trader Pro, and in the NinjaTrader connection settings for your Earn2Trade account.

Additionally, if you find you need to connect to Rithmic multiple times throughout the day as you have mentioned, there may be some underlying connectivity issues occurring when you try to connect to these servers.

To start off, I would recommend shutting down your PC, modem, and router in that order. Then, wait a few minutes and then restart the Modem, Router, and finally the PC also in that order. If further connection errors are seen after performing these actions, we recommend that you reach out to your Internet Service Provider for more information on the topic and for steps towards a resolution.

Furthermore, the process of adding exceptions for certain file paths and software can be varied depending on the software you are using. Here is a publicly available website I found when searching How to add exceptions to McAfee: Here is the publicly available site I found

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

Once I connect to Rhythmic/earn2trade i have no issues. It is only the very first time trying to connect, it takes me 3 or 4 attempts every morning. I will update you after testing and following your steps tomorrow. Thank you

Comment

I just realized that in my Ninjatrader the plug-in mode was not checked. So i checked it. So given this scenario, do i have to start my Rithmic Trader Pro before I start my Ninjatrader every day?

Comment

I think i figured it out. I had my Plugin-mode enabled in Rithmic Trader Pro all these days but not on my Ninjatrader. I think now I understand that the plug-in mode needs to be enabled in both RIthmic Trader Pro and Ninjatrader. Also, i think i would have to first start my Rithmic Trader Pro first and then start my Ninjatrader and then connect the Ninjatrader. This seems to be working now. Please let me know if I am missing anything here.

Comment

Hello agassi,

Thank you for responding with these details.

Seeing as you mention NinjaTrader previously did not have the plug in mode checked but now it does, this would allow you to connect to R Trader Pro through NinjaTrader. Additionally, you are correct that you should start R Trader Pro and ensure you are logged in on that platform before logging into the account on NinjaTrader.

If you have any additional questions or inquiries regarding this topic in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us once more.

Comment

Hi Brendan:

Can you please explain all the scenarios when a person should enable the plugin-mode etc.

Scenario 1:
                    Plug-in mode enabled in both RTrader Pro and Ninjatrader
                    Question: When should someone use this method?

Scenario 2:
                    Plug-in mode enabled in only RTrader Pro but NOT enabled in Ninjatrader
                    Question: When should someone use this method?

Yesterday after enabling plug-in mode in both RTrader Pro and Ninjatrader, my Ninjatrader was throwing some connection error pop-up message. So I had to go back and disable the Plug-in mode in Ninjatrader. So currently this is my set up which was same as before all this troubleshooting.

I have enabled my RTrader Pro plug-in
                    I have NOT enabled my Ninjatrader Plug-in
                    I DO NOT start my RTrader Pro before starting Ninjatrader. If I do, then, my Ninjatrader thinks it is 2nd duplicate connection and throwing an error.

This is the set up I had originally but my only issue is that this set up has "starting problem" every day. Once I get connected, then there is no issues. I just have to attempt to connect few times and finally it connects.

Any more thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Agassi

Comment

Hello Agassi,

Ultimately, for both of the scenarios you mentioned, it will depend on the broker you are using as some require the plug in mode to be enabled with R Trader Pro running while others do not. If you refer to the connection guide provided by your broker, is there a specific set of instructions they provided regarding the steps to connect?

Additionally, regrading the behavior when initially connecting to your account without the plug in mode enabled, to avoid this behavior please ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder. This will help avoid any interruptions caused by these types of programs.

If you have additional questions or inquiries regarding this topic, I would recommend creating an inquiry with us and including your log and trace files so we can further investigate.

You can send an inquiry with your log and trace files through the platform by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference this forum post in your message.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance or if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

Hi Brendan:

To be clear, I have added my Ninjatrader .exe file to the exceptions list of my antivirus software. I have also added my RTrader Pro .exe file to my exceptions list of antivirus software. Did you want me to add the "documents" folder to this exceptions list? I tried doing this but there is no way. I use McAfee Total Protection. When I go to Firewall-->Internet Connections and Programs-->Click on Add button-->Browse. At this point, I only have the option to add any programs i.e. .exe files only to my McAfee Antivirus software. Do you want me to add the documents folder pertaining to Ninjatrader? I don't see a way of doing this. If you know how to add the Ninjatrader Documents folder to my McAfee exceptions list, please let me know.

Comment

Hello agassi,

Seeing as though MacAfee allows you to add the program files NinjaTrader 8.exe file, this would mean that NinjaTrader has been added as an exception to the firewall.

Regarding the documents folder, typically, many antivirus software programs will need the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder added as an exception to avoid any issues related to NinjaTrader using the Documents folder to function as expected. However, keep in mind that different antivirus/firewall software programs may differ with the process of adding these exceptions.

If you find that NinjaTrader as an added exception to the firewall does not improve this type of behavior previously reported, I would recommend the following basic network troubleshooting steps:
                          • Restart NinjaTrader
                          • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
                          • Restart your PC
                          • Also, ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
                            • Right-click on your Start button
                            • Select 'Device Manager'
                            • Expand 'Network Adapters'
                            • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
                            • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
                            • Click 'OK' to save the changes
                            • Do this for all Network Adapters
                          • Clear your DNS
                            • Open the Command Prompt (I have included a publicly available link that goes over opening the command prompt in further detail)
                            • In the command prompt, type this command and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns
                          • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
                          • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing an unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by halgo_boulder, Today, 08:44 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post halgo_boulder  
                          Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes